JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What do you want to do while there? Fish, shoot, hike, photos of wildlife / scenery, ???

Oh, and I find backpacking the best way to get away from people. Seems the masses rather car-camp than hump 50 lbs of gear up and down hills for miles upon miles :rolleyes:

Most likely tent camp wife is not into back packing around oregon. Some shooting if we could but more in line with some hiking, photogtaphy and see some views.

Go up to Trout lake in SW WA near mt Adams. Plenty of remote spots from there to Takhlakh lk. And a lot of small hikes, views, wildlife....

Out Hwy 26 you can take Salmonberry rd and there's many places out there but be careful as often has active logging ops going. If so continue on Hwy and go into the saddle mt unit

Out past estacada there are many camping spots going all the way to Detroit lake. Or turn before and head up to Timothy lake.

When I first started driving I bought a gazetteer and would just look to see what seemed interesting and then went there to camp.

The wife wants to go camping (tent) for her birthday but we want a remote area with less people around. Pretty much open to Oregon and southern Washington. Can anyone recommend a site?

There in a forestry camp ground west of sisters and east of the lava beds. It is quite. there are bear signs posted. So be prepared .

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top