JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A landmark class action settlement involving some of Remington's most popular firearms has officially gone into effect, after critics of the agreement declined to take their case to the Supreme Court by a Tuesday deadline, according to an attorney for the plaintiffs.

That means that millions of owners of the iconic Model 700 rifle — and a dozen Remington models with similar designs — have 18 months to file claims for a free replacement of their guns' allegedly defective triggers. The guns have been linked in lawsuits to dozens of accidental deaths and hundreds of serious injuries, though Remington still maintains they are safe.

"Anyone with one of these guns should take advantage of this opportunity to get the trigger fixed," said Eric D. Holland, a lead attorney for the plaintiffs in the class action case. "I've encouraged everyone to put these guns away. Don't use these guns. Make the claims now."

A special website has been set up with information on how to file a claim, and there is also a toll-free hotline, 1-800-876-5940.

Remington rifle settlement, including free trigger replacement, is official 

Will we ever know for certain if just one upper management type in the company made the sole decision letting the potential trigger defect loose on the public or was it a real case of the design flaw slipping through the system? Will we ever know?

And ... just one person knew of the potential trigger defect and decided to let it go to the public will that single corporate person ever be held accountable? Or are there too many corporate cut outs insulating that executive? Just wondering here.

I have 19 Remingtons. Included are six 722, nine 721, and two 700. Also a 40x and one 725.
Should I get them all fixed? Ha ha
I have been into these triggers for like 40-50 years for adjusting cleaning lubing. Never had a problem.
A long time ago I had a nice Canjar trigger. I preferred to use it without the reset tab because my polishing and adjusting was better. Also had a 2oz on a 6mm 40x

Allison & Carey are the Northwest Premier Authorized Firearm Repair Center
Any comments on them ?
I think I will call them for info.
I wonder how the different safety levers are compatible with the replacements regarding the stock cutouts.

I might decide to redo maybe one or two

I'm satisfied with the triggers in my 700's. All except one from the 60's. Never once has any of them fired while taking the safety off. Most adjusted to 2lbs . I have had some of them adjusted much lighter and never had an accidental discharge. The triggers seem to currently be safer than a Boeing 737 Max 8 airliner.

I put all my serial numbers of 721, 722, 725 and 2 700s on the recall search. Every one came back noted as NOT affected by the recall.
When the text says as below, I am now confused......
"
Who's included?
The Settlement provides benefits to:

1. Current owners of Remington Model 700, Seven, Sportsman 78, 673, 710, 715, 770, 600, 660, XP-100, 721, 722, and 725 firearms containing a Remington trigger mechanism that utilizes a trigger connector;

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top