JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I bought one of the kits when they were only being sold to veteran's and active duty. Was a very good buy. Mine has an orignal Leupold. It is at my son's house.......should have bought two.

E2554454-0FDF-4D3E-909A-A0FD9D04805B.jpeg I liked it so much, I built a LH version with a 700P carbine.......(that is why my son got the original) .......gotta love a 1/4 lb trigger and a Gemtec can.

You should have just asked . Uncle Sam is a nice guy he might have gave it to you.
Lol
They were traded in to Remington, then Remington refurbished the entire kit and made it available for sale only to active duty and veterans. If there were any left they could be sold directly to civilians but I don't know if that ever happened.

If I'm not mistaken the M 24 was the military version of a Rem 700 in 308 right
Yes.......they are just a precision built 700 with a Kevlar H&S stock. One interesting thing, some were on short actions and some on standard length actions.

And I remember watching that documentary .
Called Rem under fire . when they where having problem with the safety.
They show a military guy load it and when he pushed the safety forward the gun fired .I know Rem had a huge PROBLEMS WITH them for awhile

And by the way @AndyinEverson just keeps giving up a little bit of information at a time about himself.lol HEHEE no wonder he shoots so good . UNCLE SAM .gave him a M24 .
MMMMMMMM I WONDER WHAT THAT MEANS .LOL see you on Saturday

The M24 uses the 40X match trigger, not the one Remington was sued over. Those video's always remind me of the CBS videos of exploding gas tanks on pickups that they hired a explosives guy to make go off for the camera. I have pushing a dozen 700's including the first one I bought in 1976.......never had a malfunction that was the rifle's fault. I don't care for the modern cheepend version's but the higher end rifles are as good as you can get.

Saturday for sure...we can shoot a Pre , pre M24....:D
Andy
I'm trying to get my friend from work to come up for the day he has a muzzle loader.and drew a doe tag this year .and was talking about hunting with it muzzle loader.but his wife is not working and he works over time a lot .but I will be there on Saturday for sure

As a matter of fact him and his brother and his dad all put in for doe tags and they all got them .his dad is going to do muzzleloader also.

Ok back on topic .I was looking at a lefty SAVAGE IN 308 LAST YEAR.any body got any good info on the new Savage Rifles

I don't remember the model number I was at Cabela's it came with a scope and everything .the only thing that really caught my eye was that it was left hand

I'm a disabled vet, I hope that I paid less for mine. It had never been removed from the Remington box. The scope is a Leupold w/ government markings. It is a fixed 10 power scope with a reticule that has ranging dots. I saw plenty of M14s but no M24s or M40s in my eight years of service.

Status