JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just had a e-mail sales flyer from Trop (in Pennsylvania) and the were offering a S&W ,380 BodyGuard with laser for $340, while that is a good price, I am not looking for one of them now.

They also had two different .380 Ammunition offerings the first was CCI Blazer 95 Grain FMJ .380 for $15.50 a 50 round box. Not bad depending on shipping.

Then they had Remington HTP 110 grain JHP in .380 for $23 per 50 round box. I had never heard of 110 grain from a major manufacturer. I did take a quick look at Remington's site and did not see it listed, but we all know websites are always behind.

I'd like some but I just checked and shipping on two boxes is $17.50 which takes the total cost for 100 rounds to $63.48

It would take 43 rounds to shoot one magazine in each ,380 I own so I would only have a little left after compatibility testing. (Testing it in a LCP or CW380 might be a tad unpleasant)

Okay 4 boxes only increased the shipping $1.37 and the total $110.83. I can almost justify that, but not quite, I'll pass.

Still I am happy to find that ammo makers have not 'given up' on the .380

Trop must have a typo in their sales flier. Their website shows 88gr and the product number "RTP380A1" designates 88gr.

Personally I'd shop at a place like sgammo.com as their price is currently $19/box for that ammo and two boxes shipped to me costs $12 for a total of $50 for 100 rounds. But before I did that I'd look at these videos and see how various ammo performs from a 380. He doesn't test the Remington HTP, but I doubt it did well since only the XTP and Hydra-Shok performed as desired.

Makes me double glad I did not buy it. I fired off a e-mail to them about the error. just so they know ..... thanks for the links

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews