JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just had a e-mail sales flyer from Trop (in Pennsylvania) and the were offering a S&W ,380 BodyGuard with laser for $340, while that is a good price, I am not looking for one of them now.

They also had two different .380 Ammunition offerings the first was CCI Blazer 95 Grain FMJ .380 for $15.50 a 50 round box. Not bad depending on shipping.

Then they had Remington HTP 110 grain JHP in .380 for $23 per 50 round box. I had never heard of 110 grain from a major manufacturer. I did take a quick look at Remington's site and did not see it listed, but we all know websites are always behind.

I'd like some but I just checked and shipping on two boxes is $17.50 which takes the total cost for 100 rounds to $63.48

It would take 43 rounds to shoot one magazine in each ,380 I own so I would only have a little left after compatibility testing. (Testing it in a LCP or CW380 might be a tad unpleasant)

Okay 4 boxes only increased the shipping $1.37 and the total $110.83. I can almost justify that, but not quite, I'll pass.

Still I am happy to find that ammo makers have not 'given up' on the .380

Trop must have a typo in their sales flier. Their website shows 88gr and the product number "RTP380A1" designates 88gr.

Personally I'd shop at a place like sgammo.com as their price is currently $19/box for that ammo and two boxes shipped to me costs $12 for a total of $50 for 100 rounds. But before I did that I'd look at these videos and see how various ammo performs from a 380. He doesn't test the Remington HTP, but I doubt it did well since only the XTP and Hydra-Shok performed as desired.

Makes me double glad I did not buy it. I fired off a e-mail to them about the error. just so they know ..... thanks for the links

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top