JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a Remington 870 tactical with the 6 shot fixed tube and finally took it out shooting a few weeks ago and I started having problems.

Almost every other shell would get stuck in the mag tube, I noticed that the left shell stop would not disengage properly and I was chucking the piss out of it and it still wouldn't come out. I have to stick my favorite booger hook in there and push the shell stop over a bit and rack it again. Sometimes this help sometimes it doesn't.

I'm completely new to shotgun owner ship and I'm not quite sure what I should do... for what its worth my mag spring is pretty damn weak unloaded so maybe that's an issue?

Any help is muy apreciado.

That's really weird. Usually you cannot kill a 870 no matter how hard you try, so congratulations on being the unique one. )

I assume your are not short-shucking your shotgun (if you are, rack the damn pump harder).

You can replace the mag spring, should be cheap. If I were you I would show it to a gunsmith or at least get my hands on another shotgun (same model) to try them both side-by-side and see where the difference is. If it is really a defect, Remington should get it fixed for you for free.

Looks like the shell stop pushes out to far on the shell and the notch on the action bar misses it completely. I'm probably going to send it off and get a replacement in the time being.

Could there be an aftermarket spring in the mag tube pushing too hard? If that was the case the problem would be worse with a full mag and be better on the last couple of shells.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top