JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sup guys I gotta remington 700 30.06 and I wanted to talk about if I messed up, like should I sell it and get a .308? With the long gun I'd just be plinking/paper punching. I only hunt what I eat and my old man didn't deer hunt but I might get I to that.

So should i sell off the 30.06 and get something else or I made a good random purchase?
If this is in the wrong thread please let me know!!!

There is no more classic/do all lower 48 chambering than the 30-06. I think most guys first big game rifle should be a 30-06. It has mild recoil and is more
powerful than most give it credit for. My favorite 30-06 deer/black bear/hog load is a Barnes 168 grain TTSX loaded to about 2950 fps. It will work for elk too and will cleanly take animals well past 400 yds.

The 30-06 will give you an honest 100-150 fps over a .308. I like the 30-06 better as a hunting rifle than the .308.

The Rem 700 is an okay rifle. $400 is a good price for one in decent shape. I like CRF M-70s better, but you won't find one for anywhere near $400.

So I think you did good. If you want a dedicated plinking rifle it's hard to beat a good .22 or .223.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top