JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sup guys I gotta remington 700 30.06 and I wanted to talk about if I messed up, like should I sell it and get a .308? With the long gun I'd just be plinking/paper punching. I only hunt what I eat and my old man didn't deer hunt but I might get I to that.

So should i sell off the 30.06 and get something else or I made a good random purchase?
If this is in the wrong thread please let me know!!!

There is no more classic/do all lower 48 chambering than the 30-06. I think most guys first big game rifle should be a 30-06. It has mild recoil and is more
powerful than most give it credit for. My favorite 30-06 deer/black bear/hog load is a Barnes 168 grain TTSX loaded to about 2950 fps. It will work for elk too and will cleanly take animals well past 400 yds.

The 30-06 will give you an honest 100-150 fps over a .308. I like the 30-06 better as a hunting rifle than the .308.

The Rem 700 is an okay rifle. $400 is a good price for one in decent shape. I like CRF M-70s better, but you won't find one for anywhere near $400.

So I think you did good. If you want a dedicated plinking rifle it's hard to beat a good .22 or .223.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top