JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK gun geeks!

I bought a 20 Gauge Remington 1100 used from my LGS for some 3 gun fun. The experts say "have extra O rings on hand for your semi auto shotgun."

OK....

The barrel is marked LT, my question is.......

Will an LT Barrel Fit a Standard model?

My guess is it's an LT model, with the black plastic furniture and all.

Should I get my first set of O rings in both sizes and hedge my bets?

or

Throw caution to the wind and blow $7.99 on LT O Rings and hope they fit?

Google is your friend....(not if you own guns, or value your privacy, not really) but OK....

Early Model 1100 and 870 20 Ga. shotguns were built on the 12 Ga. frame. The serial number ends in an "X" or a "N". The barrel guide ring (gas cylinder) brazed to the barrel was a 12 Ga. ring. These barrels are no longer available from the factory as they were discontinued in 1978. The barrels sold now are for the LT 20, which is built on a narrower frame. Its smaller barrel guide ring will not fit over the large frame magazine tube. A quarter will not fit through the LT-20 barrel ring, but will through the older rings.

-----

There are three total frame variants made for an 1100 20 ga.

The old, pre 1977 20 ga 1100s were built on the standard 12 ga frame (receiver)

There was a 20 ga built on the 28 Lightweight receiver in the mid 1970s that was short lived (I think this is the LW) and replaced by the "LT-20" that was introduced in 1977.

The "LT-20" is the version that "survived" to the present day.

It is readily distinguishable by the lowered relief cut toward the back of the ejection port.

Barrels do NOT interchange among the three, distinctly different 20 ga variants.

We're all good here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top