Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Reminder for Dec. 15th

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by redboneshadow, Dec 11, 2008.

1. redboneshadow

redboneshadow Seattle New Member

Stop the Seattle Gun Ban Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels plans to ban Guns
    With no regard for your right to self-defense
    And In defiance of state law

Your Attendance is Critical! Let your voice be heard NOW!

On December 15, 2008 a public hearing will be held in the Bertha Knight Landes room at
    Seattle City Hall, 600 Fourth Avenue, with sign-in beginning at 5:30 p.m.

This ban will infringe on your right to carry in these areas:

* All city ow!ned property

* All city parks

* The Seattle Public library

* The Seattle Center

Please Attend This Important Hearing.

2. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post!

3. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

Good luck guys - I've blogged some of the BS the Seattle Mayor is up to... joker should be arrested for violating the Washington State and Federal Constitutions...

4. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

An "official" email I received from the City of Seattle:

Sign-in begins at 5:30 - remember, the earlier you sign-in, the earlier you speak. If you're serious about signing-in for an early slot, you'll show up well before 5:30. I have no sense of how many people will turn out for this.

Of course, it doesn't really matter anyway - nothing said will stop this from happening. This will probably be resolved in court.

5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Moses Lake, WA Active Member

Just curious:is CPL allowed in City Hall?

Pops

6. borrowedsig

borrowedsig Lincoln, Nebraska Active Member

I dont live in seattle so can i still speak? I cant make it because i work nights otherwise i would show up with alot of fellow gun owners.

Matt

7. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

You write "State law allows private property owners to prohibit the presence of firearms on their property..."

Since when is the city (a public agency) a private property owner??? You have very bad counsel if you think that will fly in a court not controlled by City Council.

Criminals will target people in parks...

I hope all the of rape victims and crime victims sue the City into more debt.

See you in court for violating the State Constitution. This is why I moved from your "government knows best" city.

Also, you wrote "The suspect in the Folklife shooting had a concealed weapons permit, despite a history of drug abuse and mental health problems."

That's your fault or the county/city that issued the CPL.

Why make a law or rule because of one, two, three or even 100 incidents?

The rights of the individual are more important than "community" rights.

Remember it's not "city owned" property - it's citizen owned...

and remember who pays your salary.

Mayor Nickels is a crooked idiot for proposing something so un-American as this

Also, I want copies of all postings published and emailed to me at deltaconcepts@gmail.com as a request under the public records act. I have documented this and if you do not comply you can be fined 100/per day under RCW 42.17 and it's revisions