JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The day is gone now.

My last word on this til next year is that Memorial day is not a funeral. It is a day for reflection, a day to mourn yes, but also a day to celebrate lives of service members that died while serving. It is a day to HONOR those lost, and a day to "MEMORIALIZE" them.

My good friend Scott Finfrock USCG SAR Aircrewman died of hypothermia in cold water... the dialogue in this thread grew out of that. And I don't think that discussion of cold water skills is off topic while "memorializing" and HONORING him. He would want Coasties and civvies to know some options for learning how to deal with cold water. Unfortunately, Scott was not found for five days, so no amount of cold water training would have saved him... but I have hope for others that can safely get out in some really cold water before they fall off the boat, rocks, or whatever, and safely learn how it affects both mind and body, and what they can do in that emergency to fight those effects.

May Father bless all who died while in service to their fellow man, all who served, who continue to serve, their families, friends, and those forum members reading this thread.

Last Edited:
_nc_ohc=aHH-3TCQDXoAX-cK831&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Something to consider is that in some homes....
Everyday is Memorial Day.

May those that have died while in service , find the peace that eluded them in life.
Andy
Amen Brother!

Special prayer for those who lost loved ones. May there be peace in knowing your loss is our loss and that we will never forget…

Remember those this weekend who paid the ultimate price for the peace we enjoy.

🇺🇲

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR