JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Lee Precision
Caliber
9mm
City
Kirkland
State
Washington
I know there are many experienced hands in our community, looking for some advice. I see brands like Lee, Dillion Precision, RCBS, Hornady Lock-N-Load and single stage vs multiple. Not sure what to get.

I've watched a few youtube videos and will watch many more. I have nothing right now so starting from scratch. Looking to load 556 with 77gr to work better with 5" barrel (Maxim PDX) and 9mm for subsonic. I'm thinking to focus on 9mm to get good with the process and start with off the shelf reload casing before cleaning and prepping my own casing for the first/two rounds to understand how things work. I have a feeling that I may be doing this for a while (gun owner for the past 25 yrs, hits indoor range 3+ days a week).

So to begin with, knowing what you know, where should I start? what should I get? If you have extra equipment or looking to upgrade yours, what do you have? I'm in Kirkland WA, can pickup locally. Thanks!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Worthwhile endevor! 3 days a week at the range!! Man, you need to reload if you're buying ammo!

Been in the game myself over 40 years. So my advice is worth exactly what you're paying for it..:D

Used equipment come up in the marketplace here OFTEN! I've scored MANY good deals!

You need to start with the basics.
Buy a used single stage press by RCBS, Redding, Hornady...Lee presses are junk/.
Lee makes some decent dies, but I prefer, RCBS, Hornady, Redding, Forster, and I have / use all of them. Buy Carbide dies, they don't require the use of a lubricant when resizing the cases. Get a recent edition reloading manual by any of the names listed above. They all have step by instuctions for beginners. Read, Read, READ! Don't take everything you see on Uboob as GOSPEL!

There's a recent thread on the topic -- lots of good info:

You should definitely read the reloading mistakes thread, and not just for the lulz -- mistakes are informative:

Worthwhile endevor! 3 days a week at the range!! Man, you need to reload if you're buying ammo!

Been in the game myself over 40 years. So my advice is worth exactly what you're paying for it..:D

Used equipment come up in the marketplace here OFTEN! I've scored MANY good deals!

You need to start with the basics.
Buy a used single stage press by RCBS, Redding, Hornady...Lee presses are junk/.
Lee makes some decent dies, but I prefer, RCBS, Hornady, Redding, Forster, and I have / use all of them. Buy Carbide dies, they don't require the use of a lubricant when resizing the cases. Get a recent edition reloading manual by any of the names listed above. They all have step by instuctions for beginners. Read, Read, READ! Don't take everything you see on Uboob as GOSPEL!
Thank you!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.