JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been paying close attention to this thread because I have been playing with my 7mm. I like the results you guys have been getting. I just got a Chrono., so I'll be able to post some results soon. I have been playing with RL22 and ELDx. I just loaded some RL23 and have not fired any rounds yet. My best groups have been with 62.6 RL22= 3/4" and I am grouping well at 400 and 500 yards. I estimate the speed around 2750-2800 because the gun shoots right on with the BDC that Nikon gives on SPOT ON.
Thanks for the awesome thread and keep the results coming!

You said ELDx but which ones? 162 or 175?

Glad to hear you are getting good results with RL22. That is good news for you since it is pretty easy to get. I am having a hard time finding RL26.

Pharmseller- I still have to fire that charge through a chrono, but I would say I like the way it shoots even if the velocity is not quite Magnum speed. It should still shoot a little flatter than the 06 via. the balistic coefficient of .284 vs. .308. I would like more speed, but the groups start to open up at 63-65 grains of RL22 with my gun. Pillar bedding might help!?

ersill Shooting 162's I would like to try the 150's.

An old '71 Rem 700 that was (re)"built" in the 80's with a mountain rifle theme. The wood stock was replaced with a fiberglass and the bolt and action were blue printed.

Pharmseller- I still have to fire that charge through a chrono, but I would say I like the way it shoots even if the velocity is not quite Magnum speed. It should still shoot a little flatter than the 06 via. the balistic coefficient of .284 vs. .308. I would like more speed, but the groups start to open up at 63-65 grains of RL22 with my gun. Pillar bedding might help!?

ersill Shooting 162's I would like to try the 150's.

In my experience ballistic coefficient differences are meaningless inside of 600 yards. Accuracy is everything, however, so if you're getting good groups that's great. A slow hit is better than a fast miss.

Otoh, that's why I reload. I'm not satisfied with slow. It takes some tinkering most of the time but it's worth it.

P

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads