JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heck I am loading some .30-30 brass probably 80 + years old.

Interesting thing is after liquid tumbling and drying, it eventually turns sort of a deep, orange color - but does not tarnish during storage. Kinda pretty !

Last Edited:
I'm complaining to Federal! These .45 ACP rounds should have worked perfectly! OK, they could have been shot by Eliot Ness, but so what? A promise is a promise!

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 7.03.11 PM.png

D'oh! Thanks for refreshing what is left of my memory! I'll try them once again at New Year's eve in Chicago, where the noise won't disturb anyone. I can almost hear it now:
"You hear that? Only four shots. Something's wrong!"

I've got a bunch of WWI and earlier .45 acp ammo. Several years ago I picked out seven loose rounds that weren't very pretty, all dated 1917, and fired them. They all shot fine. The one I sent over the chronograph clocked at the correct velocity. I saved the brass and three bullets that I found.

IMG_2145[1].jpg

Anneal the necks, trim etc... reload and repeat.

Just because it's "Old Brass"......it doesn't mean that it's useless. If/When you get neck splits or if you're of a mind to retire it......

Recycle it.

Scrap metal dealers will pay you for it. That also includes any Berdan Primered brass that you might have.

Aloha, Mark
If the necks split. cut the cases down to fit in your 1917 .45acp revolver and use them as shot shells. :s0093:

When purchasing once-fired brass, it is necessary to scrutinize them for oddities. In one lot, I found this Remington factory pressure test (copper crusher) .25-06 casing.

IMG_3017.jpg

A long time ago an old salt on Cape Cod gave me and my buddy several boxes of old duck and goose loads (12 ga)
We shot 'em all up.....wish that we had saved them.
One I remember was "Ajax Heavies"

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads