JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I heard on the radio that among many things the new New York gun control law requires registration of those grandfathered in in terms of the guns they already have. I am thinking that this could be a distinct possibility on a federal level.

My initial thoughts were that the government can sit and spin because I just won't register them. Then I got to thinking that the NICS system serves as a database of guns and so it wouldn't be hard at all for the feds to know who hasn't complied. Registration could prevent a person from passing on any guns as part of an estate or giving them as a gift. I could be totally out to lunch on my speculation but I could see the governemnt connecting firearm registration to things like being able get a tax refund or tax liens on those wo haven't registered.

Is my speculation/imagination over-the-top on this?

I think you should spend less time with the mental gymnastics of "what-ifs", and get your a$$ down to Salem this Saturday to STAND and BE COUNTED with others willing to make the effort to be heard.

We can prevail if we stand together, hell I'll even make you a sign with a pithy bit o' relevant pro 2A wisdom you can display.

What say you, Kev?

get your a$$ down to Salem this Saturday to STAND and BE COUNTED with others willing to make the effort to be heard.

This right here! We need bodies, and a lot of them. They need to realize we're not bubbleguming around. We're not going to let our elected officials strip us of are God given rights.

This isn't New York, this isn't California, this is the Great North West. We are a rugged bunch, and they're not going to treat us like sheep.

The line in the sand has been drawn. It's time to choose which line you're going to be on.

I've heard a lot of BS excuses. They're just that. Some from blowhards that talk out their *** about putting up an armed resistance to confiscation. Yet they can't be bothered to get their lazy butts in the car and go down and let their voice be heard in the hopes we can stop it before it gets to that point?

I think this guy says it pretty well.:winkkiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I heard on the radio that among many things the new New York gun control law requires registration of those grandfathered in in terms of the guns they already have. I am thinking that this could be a distinct possibility on a federal level.

My initial thoughts were that the government can sit and spin because I just won't register them. Then I got to thinking that the NICS system serves as a database of guns and so it wouldn't be hard at all for the feds to know who hasn't complied. Registration could prevent a person from passing on any guns as part of an estate or giving them as a gift. I could be totally out to lunch on my speculation but I could see the governemnt connecting firearm registration to things like being able get a tax refund or tax liens on those wo haven't registered.

NICS doesn't have a log of who was checked against the database, so it wouldn't be possible to trace back who has guns but failed to register them. It would be easy to modify the system should the law change, but it would only record newer transactions. Most likely route to create a registry is to have dealers enter the 4473's that they have in the stores into a centralized database.

NICS doesn't have a log of who was checked against the database, so it wouldn't be possible to trace back who has guns but failed to register them. It would be easy to modify the system should the law change, but it would only record newer transactions. Most likely route to create a registry is to have dealers enter the 4473's that they have in the stores into a centralized database.

keep dreaming. one day you will wake up and smell the coffee, when has the government ever got rid of information I mean look at all these jackwagons that get busted for email's

Have you ever listened to the FFL call in the NICS check. The ONLY information they give about what you are buying is "long gun, handgun, other". They do not give any identifying information about the gun being bought, but it is all listed on the 4473.

Then to follow that up that does not mean you have a gun. You could have sold it the next day.

So not sure exactly what database you think NICS has on guns...........

Have you ever listened to the FFL call in the NICS check. The ONLY information they give about what you are buying is "long gun, handgun, other". They do not give any identifying information about the gun being bought, but it is all listed on the 4473.

Then to follow that up that does not mean you have a gun. You could have sold it the next day.

So not sure exactly what database you think NICS has on guns...........

They don't identify the firearm, but caller ID can be used to associate purchaser's name and FFL. FFL's records can then be inspected to find what particular firearm was sold. Yeah, the person could have sold it... who did he sell it to ? Lying to a federal officer is a crime. Besides, if FTF transactions are outlawed, it is easier to track the firearm and/or gun owner even without a full blown registry. Good luck on your boating trips! :)

I call in 4473's every day. Nwcid is correct; the information that would cause an approval or decline is on the Purchaser or Pawn redeemer, not on the firearm.
The Seller or Pawn shop must retain the documents for 20 years. A recent change added the question; "Hispanic or Latino or Not Hispanic or Latino".
The State of Washington has a separate form to track handgun purchases.

Make no mistake, mandatory registration is the only effective way to confiscate guns.

1 Innumerate; know who has them and where and document any transition of ownership

2 Enact laws to confiscate these lawful registered firearms.

As far as tax lien or refund that's absurd. It wouldl be a criminal offense punishable by jail time and large fines they could apply forfeiture laws such as those used in drug crimes.

I call in 4473's every day. Nwcid is correct; the information that would cause an approval or decline is on the Purchaser or Pawn redeemer, not on the firearm.
The Seller or Pawn shop must retain the documents for 20 years. A recent change added the question; "Hispanic or Latino or Not Hispanic or Latino".
The State of Washington has a separate form to track handgun purchases.

I see a lot of folks chattering about NY gun registration (and what NICS does or doesn't do) and almost nothing about WA's program of tracking/recording all handguns bought through an FFL. The WA program records much more information than NICS gets and puts in more databases.

I see a lot of folks chattering about NY gun registration (and what NICS does or doesn't do) and almost nothing about WA's program of tracking/recording all handguns bought through an FFL. The WA program records much more information than NICS gets and puts in more databases.

The WA record of sale is tracked in a database in Oly and is available to LE. However it only affects licensed dealer sales. FTF sales are not recorded. If you sell a handgun to someone else, you must only "Not knowingly" sell to a prohibited person... how you accomplish that requirement is up to the seller...there is no requirement to record the sale.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top