JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That definition is true, I was told by LE that it couldn't be shorter than the length you log on the form 1. So if I log a 10" I can't make it a 7" later. I could be wrong but in being cautious I am not going shorter. I logged a 10" that's short enough for me.

An SBR is an SBR no matter the length.

Your first mistake was listening to an LEO. Please show us the LAW (not what someone told you) that you would be breaking. Please show us your "true definition". Here is the official ATF NFA handbook if you need help, ATF Online - Publications - Firearms - National Firearms Act Handbook

With NFA items it is only requested that send a letter to update the items status if any PERMANENT changes are made.

So to be on the cautious side do you dive 5 mph under the speed limit everywhere? Law is law, follow it and you will be fine. Listening to what other say is law is a good way to break it.

You're missing out on the 22 & 9mm fun

2013-01-19124234.jpg

Fair. I get that LE is not the end all be all for correct info but they are a decent medium to bounce questions off of just as this forum is. I appreciate the clarification.

Nice barrel, Im staying with 10" on my AR. My next project is a Kriss pistol going SBR and adding the side folder to round out my smaller round toys. :)

Fair. I get that LE is not the end all be all for correct info but they are a decent medium to bounce questions off of just as this forum is. I appreciate the clarification.

I am not saying LEO's are bad guys but they generally only know what they deal with. That generally is not NFA stuff and often limited on firearms in general. Plus if they are local LEO how well do you think they are up on ALL Federal laws? But I bet you they know a lot about things they deal with on a daily basis. So generally they are a bad source of this kind of information unless they are really into firearms themselves.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top