JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just heard from my wife that the Regal Cinemas location she went to searched her purse for firearms as a condition of entry, and has posted a no firearms policy. Guess I won't be seeing anything regal is showing. EVER.

They have had that policy for a short while now. Personally I think it's just an opportunity for them to catch outside food coming in. It sure as hell won't catch a gun carried on the person under a cover garment. They are anti gun and anti $1.00 candy bars. I see it all as a foolish game they cannot win. The policy also strikes me as sexist as they are seemingly targeting women who would be the largest section of the populace carrying bags into theaters.

We went to a Regal a few months ago. I looked for signs telling me not to carry, which I would have ignored anyway.
I agree their "service" is way overpriced, but we really wanted to take the grandson to the Minion movie.
Damn sure I ain't going with out packing. F-em.

F them, no double F them and and everyone else that wants to take away my constitutional rights.
We had better take a stand and fight like hell or there will be no fight.
Just makes no sense to me how some wacked out muslim piece of crap goes stupid [short trip] and they want to punish millions of law abiding Americans.
And it ain't just Oregon, hillary is spouting her venom on the national level.

Screw them and all the other movie theaters ripe for a mass assault.

I'm done with them. Hell I rarely go to a movie anyway so I doubt they will miss my money.

My wife doesn't care one way or another.
They check all backpacks too.
keep-calm-and-carry-concealed-79.png

Regal has had a "no weapons" policy with signage for at least 15 years. I remember seeing the iconic beretta outline with the circle & slash in high school. One of my first assignments eons ago when I did private security was for the local Regal cinemas locations. They had a no weapons policy back then, just no searching as a condition of entry.

Screw 'em. Till they start doing pat downs or metal detectors, ignore that BS. Company policy doesn't hold the weight of the law. If they ask you to leave, leave. If not, enjoy the overpriced movie.

I remember those signs with the Beretta on em.........Wife stopped me at a mall door once and pointed to em. I told her "Good thing I was carrying a Glock and not one of the prohibited Berettas!" :) Seriously all the signs in the world don't stop the criminals so they won't stop me either! If I have to show mine, it will be the best thing that could have happened in that moment.

Which regal was this at?

I would agree they are probably looking more at boosting sales by stopping the free snacks people are sneaking in.
But if in Portland may be due to the spike in gang shootings or prompted by the shooting at UCC.

Either way I don't see movies out as often as ai used to. If I did or when I have in the past I carry anyway. If you can't gaurentee my safety, I'll keep it in my own hands. Or IWB.

That's why I hate going to blazer games anymore they seem to use the metal detectors a lot more.

Any one carry at the game and get stopped?
Did they make you leave or just call the LEOs over and check your good guy card?

Why anyone would allow themselves to be searched to give them money for their overpriced product is beyond me. I would have told them to F-off, give me my money back.
I don't have one but with most having these giant wall sized TVs,why would you go to a theater anyway?
I mean if you are a starwars freak or something and just have to see it on the big screen.
But if you are a regular adult,can;t you just wait a month and see it in you personal theater?
Find a gun friendly place to take the ball and chain

We went to a Regal a few months ago. I looked for signs telling me not to carry, which I would have ignored anyway.
I agree their "service" is way overpriced, but we really wanted to take the grandson to the Minion movie.
Damn sure I ain't going with out packing. F-em.

I probably wouldn't even consider going out without a weapon. But, sure as heck not going to a Free Fire Zone without one!

I would rather get told to leave, then end up leaving in a body bag.
I go several places that have signs that I think say Gun Free Zone too bad I can't read.;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top