Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

refinishing a 1911 - hard chrome facilities in Oregon?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by jdogg, Apr 17, 2012.

1. jdogg

jdogg the always depressing Salem Active Member

Hey, I just got one of the nicest 1911's I have ever shot. It was gone over, compulsively, by the previous owner who is an amateur smith. Shoots like a $2500 dollar gun. Its only weak spot is the finish. It was cold blued, very very well, but cold blued none the less. I was wanting to have it hard chromed. Who should I go to? I called a fellow in Estecata who sounded really cool, new about doing 1911's and seemed very knowledgeable. Anyone else tried the Estecata cat? I will take before and after pics if and when I do it. Thanks. And, whilst on the topic, how about a black chromer? I know it is not as tough but damn, a two toned chromed gun would be awesome. Thanks, jr

2. SPHBS

SPHBS Portland Active Member

If you do have it done locally, let us know how it turns out. Shipping costs suck (unless you have an ffl and can ship USPS).

3. jdogg

jdogg the always depressing Salem Active Member

Dropped it off 2 months and 1 week ago, and still it is not done. So far I would be hesitant to recommend their services just based on the wait.

4. williamcjones1988

williamcjones1988 Portland, OR Member

It's located out by Oregon city a ways, very nice people great prices I took my Springfield ultra compact did a two tone cerakote and had trijicon night sights installed for under 300.00 and turn around was 10 days, I will for sure be a repeating customer and they do gunsmithing, cerakote, durakote, blue, Chrome