JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
RedRobin.jpg

Saw this at dinner the other night and thought I'd share. :cool:

That was a nice gesture! Printing it out and displaying it everywhere to capitalize on it was a douche bag move though

I agree.. Whatever happened to people/places doing nice things just for the **** of it..

They even go through the trouble to show everyone that it really is "Unbridled".

Now on the other hand, if Red Robin hadn't said anything and we had a screen shot of the wife's facebook or something- then this is the lady wanting to show her gratitude. Not some company patting its self on the back...

The night before my unit was to go to Camp Shelby, Mississippi for Mobilization training before deployment to Afghanistan, we were allowed to go home or out for the night. Well no longer having an apt or civilian clothes, I went out to have a Teriyaki Burger at Red Robin in Beaverton in my BDU's. Yeah I looked a little out of place but it had been in the news that the Oregon Guard was deploying so one of the girls asked and I said that it was my last night in Oregon for awhile... They gave me great service and a free dessert and lots of "thanks for your service" even though I had yet to do anything. I think part of the reason why the local area treats the military so well is because there is no major base nearby. I went back east last summer and because there are military bases everywhere I don't think they are treated as anything special because there are so many servicemembers around. Just an observation. :)

That was a nice gesture! Printing it out and displaying it everywhere to capitalize on it was a douche bag move though

It was a nice gesture. Everything else you said is wrong, in my opinion. Individuals who do good things should be recognized. All to often in our society, all we ever hear about is the idiot who beats up a guardsman in a bar because of the color of his wife (see OSU several years ago), or we complain about the horrible service we got somewhere, or other horrible things that happen to people. Its nice to see not only people giving exceptional service, but also treating members of our military returning home with the reverence and respect they deserve. Its not about promoting their chain. Its about setting an example for the rest of us to follow.

it was a nice gesture. Everything else you said is wrong, in my opinion. Individuals who do good things should be recognized. All to often in our society, all we ever hear about is the idiot who beats up a guardsman in a bar because of the color of his wife (see osu several years ago), or we complain about the horrible service we got somewhere, or other horrible things that happen to people. Its nice to see not only people giving exceptional service, but also treating members of our military returning home with the reverence and respect they deserve. Its not about promoting their chain. Its about setting an example for the rest of us to follow.

+infinity!!!

I second what M.B. said. You usually hear the negative in the news but it's refreshing to hear that positive incidents still happen to our soldiers at home and abroad. I for one, will continue to patronize red robin's eateries. I salute them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top