JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Copied from elsewhere because it's interesting:

This is a fantastic video to watch. After 60 years, a Bell P-39 Aircobra was found intact in a remote Russian lake. It's currently being restored in the same building where it was produced. Did you know that the girls, like Rosie the Riveter, who built these planes wrote their names and addresses on the plane's bulkheads? They're still there!

Watch the video here: Recovered WWII Bell P-39 Aircobra

Enjoy. :cool:

Thanks for posting this!

Separately, if you enjoy this then I'd highly recommend a visit to the Flying Heritage Collection (owned by Paul Allen, former Microsoft co-founder). Every Summer the FHC has a series of "fly days" where they fly aircraft in their collection. Last Summer I was there when they had two P-51s, a Bf-109, a B-17, and a B-25 all going at the same time. The museum is in Everett, WA at Paine Field (which is just North of Seattle).
Home : The Flying Heritage Collection

Peter

The lend-lease versions (P-400, I think) had a smaller cannon which didn't jam as often. P-39s had a real rough time in New Guinea against the Oscar and Zero. The Russians however, had great success with them..

Beautiful airplane, thanks for the story!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top