JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love my Ruger Ranch Rifle, light, compact, and super accurate. Did I mention inexpensive? Did I mention Ruger quality? It has both of those attributes, cold hammer forged threaded barrel, and takes AR mags. It's everything I want in a bolt for a minimal investment.

On our list, ...once the move gets sorted & such.

Have a Mossberg MVP (thanks to you Guy-excellent deal way back!), nice shooter. They are a little "sloppy" in the bolt, which I knew, so other than that @CountryGent these may also be worth a look see for you. Accept standard AR mags, wood stock (painted). Could probably get some type of aftermarket "nicer" stock. Dunno on that though. Light weight. Long action though.

DSCN0347.JPG

Tikka T3 in 223 Rem with Leupold Delta Point Pro sight. Threaded 1/2"x28. Bell & Carlson stock (you can get nice wood ones too). Factory magazines available in 4 or 6 round capacity.

DSCN0342.JPG

They shoot good too!

Little Lady 2.jpg

And I find it useful for other things as well...

The Rugers would fit the bill and the Scout gets you iron sights. Many nice choices from other manufacturers as well. The CZs I own are great shooters and well made . The Ruger Ranch and American 223 use AR mags, like others have mentioned, and that could be a big plus for an AR15 owner.

Rugers.jpg

Some great options here and I esp like CZ's. But I ended up with one of these mini's from Howa in 204 ruger. Talk about light and handy. Shoots factory at MOA and handloads 1/2 MOA from a 20" hvy barrel. Great adj trigger.
  • Available in .204 Ruger, .222 Rem., .223 Rem., 6.5 Grendel & 7.62x39
I just need to get it threaded.
Hope this helps.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQn9wrdncr-1GSkCZp8QmQKrqV7L-1xn2F7qXHYqRtb0MR5eQU.jpg

Looking at the current specs, I would be leaning toward a Ruger American, speciffically because of its faster twist barrel more then any thing else. Something I have noticed is the continuing push for "Varmint" specific rifles, ignoring the needs for shooting heavier bullets further out! Ruger, and Savage seem to have thought about this enough to offer rifles with faster twist barrels. If i were in the market for a small bore long range tool, that's the way I would go!

Mini actions are great for this caliber

- CZ
- Inter Arms Mark X Mini Mauser (these are great actions to build on)
- Howa

I like all three of the above

for more common length SA

- Savage
- Rem

Looks like TIKKA now offers a 1/8 twist barrel across the line for it's T3 series, that's super good to know, and just made me rethink my need/lack of a small bore food getter! Looks like a new pair of Tikkas will be joining our family! Lol
Then it's off to see one of our local smiths for some special work,( Wylde chamber) and bottom metal conversion to AR mags!:) dammit :D:p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top