JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I happened in to a beautiful 1975 Smith and Wesson 29-2 44 mag with 8 3/8" barrel. A collector had it for years and it remains unfired (for now). I don't want to store it in the factory box and would like to find a nice, soft case a step above the bimart specials. Ace Case seems nice, but I am looking for other recommendations.

20201202_112937.jpg

Allen has some very nice gun rug cases that I use on big revolvers, and they are made in America. If I'm going to store them for a few months, I'll leave them a bit wet with oil, and also wrap the gun in a Wilson Combat silicon cloth for good measure.

I've used Allen's for years and they are very sturdy and fairly nice looking. Amazon has the soft brown ones I like best but I prefer to buy these from Midway though I haven't purchased one in a year...you have beautiful S&W!!

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. I got a little itch to make something for it, so this is what became of it...

Found a surplus night vision goggle case at the local army surplus. Just added some foam to fill the voids.

20201209_171605.jpg 20201209_182105.jpg 20201209_193959.jpg

Looks good. Did you completely remove that old polystyrene(?) foam? That stuff is horrible and can/will destroy the finish on firearms.

Nice choice of lining! It looks good.

Thanks! A fun project for the day.

Haha, oops. I didn't remove any of it other than what I cut out for the profile. The white is new poly I used to fill the square cutout... Hopefully the fake fur will protect the bluing...

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top