JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I happened in to a beautiful 1975 Smith and Wesson 29-2 44 mag with 8 3/8" barrel. A collector had it for years and it remains unfired (for now). I don't want to store it in the factory box and would like to find a nice, soft case a step above the bimart specials. Ace Case seems nice, but I am looking for other recommendations.

20201202_112937.jpg

Allen has some very nice gun rug cases that I use on big revolvers, and they are made in America. If I'm going to store them for a few months, I'll leave them a bit wet with oil, and also wrap the gun in a Wilson Combat silicon cloth for good measure.

I've used Allen's for years and they are very sturdy and fairly nice looking. Amazon has the soft brown ones I like best but I prefer to buy these from Midway though I haven't purchased one in a year...you have beautiful S&W!!

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. I got a little itch to make something for it, so this is what became of it...

Found a surplus night vision goggle case at the local army surplus. Just added some foam to fill the voids.

20201209_171605.jpg 20201209_182105.jpg 20201209_193959.jpg

Looks good. Did you completely remove that old polystyrene(?) foam? That stuff is horrible and can/will destroy the finish on firearms.

Nice choice of lining! It looks good.

Thanks! A fun project for the day.

Haha, oops. I didn't remove any of it other than what I cut out for the profile. The white is new poly I used to fill the square cutout... Hopefully the fake fur will protect the bluing...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top