JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a pistol powder that could be used for 9mm, 40 sw and 45. (Maybe 10mm but prob not) I know there's not a solution for everything but is there a powder you e used that could be used for all 3 if you had to? And what do you think about your results?

Power Pistol if you can find some. It's been dribbling in but usually sells out within minutes. I use it for all of my pistol loads. 9mm, 10mm, .45acp from normal to +p.

HS-6 works in those, as well. Good for slightly more-ish loads, and smells like Canada. I make nice light target loads for the 9mm for my revolver, and some .45acp loads with a bit more heat for bowling pins.

Alliant Bullseye or Unique
DItto on this however Unique tends to be a little inconsistent (and dirty) in lower charge weights in smaller cases.

It works better in larger cases with charge weights of say 6-7 grains and up are going to be used.

If it's all you can find then by all means do no hesitate but use the higher end charge weights with it in the smaller pistol cases.

DItto on this however Unique tends to be a little inconsistent in lower charge weights in smaller cases.

It works better in larger cases with charge weights of say 6-7 grains and up are going to be used.

If it's all you can find then by all means do no hesitate but use the higher end charge weights with it in in the smaller pistol cases.
Unique doesn't meter well and it shows when trying to drop the smaller charges.
It's been a popular powder for a long time.
A favorite of Elmer Keith and Skeeter Skelton.

Unique is a bit crunchy through a meter but it gets me great results in 9mm, 10mm, 40S&W, 45ACP and 44 magnum.

It also works in .223 for lighter loads.

Tite group, HP38, Winchester 231, CFE pistol, IMR red, IMR target. An often overlooked and excellent powder is Shooters World Auto Pistol.

Most of my loading with Unique is in 45 Colt or 44 Mag plinking loads at 900 fps. I agree with the comments regarding Unique consistency when loaded in minimal quantities

Last Edited:
Don't try sport pistol send it all to me.
I don't load .40 but it's great in 9 & .45 and there is data for just about any pistol caliber. Unique is great as well it works in everything but seems to be best at higher pressures (clean in 9mm but dirty in .38 or .45acp) it's the best powder for starting out because it fills the case a lot more than most powders and is very forgiving of charge variations (which is good because it meters like gravel).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads