JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a 4 1/2 year old little boy who LOVES squirt guns! The problem is, they seem to only last a week or so until they break (leaks, plugged up, smashed, etc.) I try to teach him to respect his weapons and take good care of them, and hes trying. It just seems like modern squirt guns are garbage. I may try a Super Soaker brand squirt gun, but Im concerned he may not be strong enough to pump it. Anyone got any suggestions?

super soakers were the best the CPS series , but I dont think they make them anymore because a kid could blind another kid at point blank or some such thing, still they look like they have some nice ones

A small "super-soaker" style squirt gun. They make pistol versions of them these days as well that should scale nicely to a 4 year old. I just found one (carbine sized) laying out in the bike shed (in the dirt) that we bought the grunions 6 or so years ago... still works. They require pump-action to pressurize the water chamber, so for your 4 year old grunion, think of it as a starter weight set that will give him a work out. He'll figure out how to work it if he wants too bad enough. ;)

I like the stream machine style guns. They make them out of foam or plastic, I've seen homemade PVC versions as well. The only water gun that gets better as you get older. They make many different lengths and some are very easy to use. I've seen cheap versions at the dollar stores as well.

This won't fit the OP's needs, but thought I'd share my favorite squirt gun from my youth. I'd buy 2 feet of surgical tubing and tie a knot in one end. A the lower part of a common metal ballpoint pen would be sacrificed to create the nozzle. Slip the "nozzle" big end first into the open end of the tubing. I found a piece of rubber something that would fit one end in a hose bib or faucet, and the other end fit the nozzle. When it fills it looks like a sausage that fills from the back. The trigger is your finger over the nozzle, but you can use clamps to give your finger a rest. It shot a tight stream more than 40 feet, much better than regular squirt guns of the time

Sometimes I'd use a longer bit of tubing so I could run the skinny end with the nozzle down a shirt sleeve for concealment. Had a lot of fun one day in High School this way. Nobody could figure out where is was coming from. Today, of course, they would have called in the National Guard, and I'd be held in Guantanamo Bay, but then everybody just laughed.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top