JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You would be surprised the vast majority do trust their politicians. I would trust them swinging from the end of a rope the best.

I am not at all surprised that most trust politicians. The fact that people keep re-electing them speaks a little their trust, and a lot to their naivete in the face of reoccurring broken promises, scandals and just plain corruption on the part of the pols.

But I sometimes make the mistake of expecting some people on these forums to be a little more cynical than the average bear when it comes to politicians. I should know better given my guess is most people here voted for Trump. :rolleyes:

If we 2A proponents do not get together for our rights then we may as well roll over and let our tyrannical government take over, take all of our rights, round us up and put us in camps.

Do something right!!!

Its already been said but reciprocity is a fine line to walk....razor blade really.....one side is govt control over FA's in each state and then states rights should be above the Fed govt IMO....but coming from the south east I believe in states rights. I think we are getting closer to the tipping point...I feel that i am doing the right thing, but those around my age dont realize the before statements are just a statement of what i believe backed by our Constitution (again my opinion) is what real we have left...

Dont be a scum bag....... and stand for SOMETHING, right or wrong we'll answer for our choices

:s0137:

We all want the right to protect ourselves and families and that right is hindered greatly if you are unable to arm yourself. The thought that the federal government wants armed citizens that can say enough is faulty logic. To me giving the federal government the right to decide who can carry and who can't will make it easier to control the population by putting that power to decide in the hands of a very few who I don't trust. Right now the republicans hold the power what happens when that power changes hands or the republicans want gun control.

Its already been said but reciprocity is a fine line to walk....razor blade really.....one side is govt control over FA's in each state and then states rights should be above the Fed govt IMO....but coming from the south east I believe in states rights. I think we are getting closer to the tipping point...I feel that i am doing the right thing, but those around my age dont realize the before statements are just a statement of what i believe backed by our Constitution (again my opinion) is what real we have left...

Dont be a scum bag....... and stand for SOMETHING, right or wrong we'll answer for our choices

:s0137:

I do agree regarding state's rights. But, there is an exception in my mind, and that is when it comes to the United States constitution and the BOR. States shouldn't have the authority, even under the 10th amendment, to restrict our constitutional rights - those rights are for all American citizens and are not forfeit simply because their home state so chooses. It appears to me many states have already taken too many steps to trample on our 2nd amendment rights - rights we should be able to freely exercise anywhere in the country. Instead, those rights are tossed away at certain state's borders just as if we were leaving the country.

So, as much as I advocate for smaller federal government and less incursion into state's rights, I see the need to put certain states in their place and remind them that our constitutional rights don't end at state's rights. And while I also feel that the requirement to carry a document that says we can carry is also overstepping, so long as it's required, I'd prefer that we have the same freedom to travel the country with our guns as we do with our cars.

Yes, it's a fine line, but in this case, I would like to see reciprocity if for no other reason than to stick it to states like OR, CA, MA, HI and others that like to trample on our constitutional rights.

States never have rights to ignore federal laws. If they could, could we re-establish slavery? Ban Catholics? End free speech?

States have rights to do things that are NOT covered by federal laws. That is all.

States never have rights to ignore federal laws. If they could, could we re-establish slavery? Ban Catholics? End free speech?

States have rights to do things that are NOT covered by federal laws. That is all.

Yet they do it all the time. 2A restrictions, sanctuary cities, even legalized marijuana are in opposition to current federal laws. Enforcement is a big part of the problem - sanctuary cities alone should have landed a bunch of folks in jail, but yet they continue to do it, and receive their federal funding. It's all a big mess.

Excuse me if I'm derailing this thread and I am not picking a fight with Goose, but a few states have gone against federal laws with marijuana. What would stop other states from defying federal gun laws?

Excuse me if I'm derailing this thread and I am not picking a fight with Goose, but a few states have gone against federal laws with marijuana. What would stop other states from defying federal gun laws?
They have done, but they have no right to do so. At any time the Feds could legally shut down all the legal pot and put all the growers on trial with federal drug charges. I don't think that'd be good, but it is within their rights.

Anything on the federal level supersedes state laws. That is why we need reciprocity. Gun rights are federal and so should be the right to carry.

To me giving the federal government the right to decide who can carry and who can't will make it easier to control the population by putting that power to decide in the hands of a very few who I don't trust.
The CC Reciprocity act doesn't give the federal government control over CCW permits, it only makes it so that all states have to recognize out of state permits.

Fix NICS is a good bill, and one that we should be behind. Unless you are pro-murder, anyway. OFF is exactly what people mean they talk about knee-jerk reactionaries.

This is what compromise actually looks like. Or did you not really want that reciprocity anyway?

Anyway, this only passed the house. I don't see it having any chance in the senate.

The Senate has there own fix NICS bill, so they don't need to pass the combined to add more false positives to the list. Not looking like reciprocity will get the 60 votes needed.

I think we already tried compromise. Their version of compromise is they get everything. You can have a gun with no bullets. Or a magazine eqauls a gun. Feinstein has been at it 30 years and still doesn't know how a firearm works. Look at the time, money & energy spent on bayonet lugs and collapsible stocks. How many criminals did that get off the streets?

I think we already tried compromise. Their version of compromise is they get everything. You can have a gun with no bullets. Or a magazine eqauls a gun. Feinstein has been at it 30 years and still doesn't know how a firearm works. Look at the time, money & energy spent on bayonet lugs and collapsible stocks. How many criminals did that get off the streets?
What's the compromise? I don't see it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads