JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I found these but not sure if they are as bright as regular batteries.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E8TNHD...t=&hvlocphy=9033294&hvtargid=pla-318192861106

I have a few older lights that use the CR123 batteries. I long ago bought some rechargeable batteries for them from Amazon. They don't have the same name as those but I suspect many of these come from the same factory in China. I bought them so long ago I have no idea how many years old they are now and they seem to be working great. Every now and then I will check one of the lights and they always work. Now and then put the batteries in the charger to top them off. Now and then when I use one of the lights for a while they are working fine.
The best part about buying stuff like this from Amazon is how easy it is to deal with anything that's a problem. VERY easy free returns if something does not work like it is supposed to.

Nooooo!! CR123's and rechargeable CR123's (RCR123's) are NOT interchangeable like AA's are. They have different outputs. Your device needs to be specifically made to run both...and unless Surefire changed the build of the G2 recently, you could damage the light.

Also, RCR123's are nothing to take lightly. You need to exercise a bit of care and caution when charging them because a lithium battery fire is no joke. I would absolutely make sure you're buying high quality, known brand RCR123's that are "protected," as that will at least help minimize the risk. Charging them outside on non combustible base like concrete or stone tile isn't a bad idea either. And I would not leave them unattended. Meaning, I wouldn't throw them on the charger and then go run errands.

These are good...

AW icr 123 16340 Protected

And go read this. It's old but accurate...
Using Li-ion cells in LED flashlights safely

Note that normal output of primary CR123's is 3 volts. Output of RCR123's can easily be 4.2v when freshly pulled from the charger. Run them in a light that is only designed for 3 volts and there's a really good chance you'll fry it. :)

You also don't want to skimp when it comes to the charger for lithium batteries. You absolutely want a "smart" charger that will shut itself down once full charge has been reached.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top