JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
MY first FAL, doing my research but it,s a case of the more I learn the less I know.
It,s a DSA and the warranty card is stamped MAR 11 2002
I've put in a request for information to DSA and joined Falfiles but it wont let me post.
I've known the original owner since purchased new. only 120 rounds fired and looks like new.
Curious about value and history fal.jpg IMG_20160729_1412027_rewind.jpg IMG_20160729_1412319_rewind.jpg IMG_20160729_1411342_rewind.jpg

Nice rifle. I have a full size STG58 from DSA it shoots perfectly.

What would you like to know? They were issued to the Austrian armed forces in the late 1950s and were used till the 1980s I believe. The first batches were manufactured at FN in Belgium. Most were made at Steyr in Austria under contract once the production line was set up. The hand guard gets too hot to handle during prolonged shooting so wear a glove or a mitt if you intend to spend all day at it.

The Austrians never issued a carbine. That is just a DSA invention and I sort of don't like them because they aren't original.

Yours doesn't have the original Stoll device (flash hider) but yours looks like they tried to keep it in spirit.

They are right in the top of the quality level of FNs ever manufactured. The kits, if they can be found, command top dollar.

There are two on Gun Broker right now. One for 1050 and one for 1475. I would guess you might get 1300-1400 on a good day.

Keep it and shoot it. Yours might be a little loud of course with the shorter barrel.

STG's demand a premium these days for sure. They sell for $1400-$1800 these days in perfect condition.. With the proper muzzle device.
Austrian STG kits were always in such high demand ( and at a premium price)and they dried up very quick.

Shorter than 18" barrels can wreak havoc on brass. The gas systems really get finicky anytime you get shorter than 18". This bit of info is from a gunsmith friend of mine who builds FAL's.

They are good rifles. Don't ask them to be more than they are. They are an excellent iron sight 2-3 MOA battle rifle. Treat them as such and they are fantastic.

I have two SA58s one is a side folder the other a STD both 16 in bbl with no real issues. I have had them sense around 2005-2006 and put 147 to 180 grain through them and at most had to play with the gas adjustment to fine tune. Usually set at 5 it will run most ammo.

Enjoy it.
DSA fal.JPG DSC_0207-crop.JPG

The DSA FALs are new,correct? Not parts guns?
The fal platform is the right arm of the free world.
I like the CETME/G3 platform better but not by much
Both sling whatever you feed it MOB all day long
Not a reloaders gun as they do their best to ruin brass,and lose it
I would say the DSA gun would be in the 1200 range
But I haven't priced them in a bit

Dsa still uses a mix of new parts and new old stock parts from kits.
I like the Cetme also! But not the fluted chamber ...
Nice thing about the FAL is the adjustable gas system. You can fling brass 25 yards or 2 feet outta the rifle adjusted down.

DSA lists them @1700 but you can find them for less! Really nice shooting battle rifles in the same class as the M-1 and M-1A and better then the CETME, and the HK series that came from the CETME's I have an original STG58 preban and quite a few others from good kits! Rodisian's and British pattern's are getting scares and Brazilian Gear Logo Imbles are just about gone! The only funky ones were the Israeli HB's with the chunky and odd handguards! The metal handguards suck, The later Plastics are way better with heat and the wood are better yet, but Smokey when hot! You can still find inner heat shields and with a little work, they can be doubled up, or can have pop cans cut to the pattern and added in with the heat shielding to help keep cool! Take care of your gas plug and stock up on spare parts like seals, springs, pistons and tubes. as well as mag springs and followers! Also not a bad idea to get a front sight combo tool and stock spring tool and a few spare firing pins and fire control parts and springs! Remember, these are not a U.S. rifle, so when ban's start to happen, the parts supplies will dry up pretty quick! You have your self a really nice rifle and it will serve you well!

this is the info that DSA sent me

I was able to locate the information on the serial number you provided however there was not much information.

The rifle model is: STG58T1C

Date of Manufacture: March of 2002.

It did leave our facility as a complete rifle as well.

That is the only information I have available on the serial number.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top