JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a PSA 9mm AR awhile back and finally got around to shooting it a bit. I put 60 rounds through it and it was filthy. Brass was dirty too. I was shooting 147 Bayou bullets over 3.4 gr tight group. I talked to a friend and he said his gun runs real dirty too but I didn't ask what he was shooting. I need to try some different powder first I guess. The gun cycled fine and is very accurate.

I bought a PSA 9mm AR awhile back and finally got around to shooting it a bit. I put 60 rounds through it and it was filthy. Brass was dirty too. I was shooting 147 Bayou bullets over 3.4 gr tight group. I talked to a friend and he said his gun runs real dirty too but I didn't ask what he was shooting. I need to try some different powder first I guess. The gun cycled fine and is very accurate.
that is the nature of blowback 9mm ar's. i just shot mine and it's sure is dirty!

Try #7 with that heavy a bullet. I found it burned a lot cleaner than 3.5 gr. of BullsEye, even though
BullsEye burned clean with lighter bullets. :)

Also, Spray Brake Cleaner takes the carbon right off, but wear safety glasses. :eek:

I just put about 500 rounds through mine with a mix of factory ammo and like I suspected it's a filthy beast.
Brake Cleaner hosed it out quick enough though and cut through the paste.
I do have a KVP BCG coming in that has a better finish that should clean up easier.

I'll definitely wear gloves next time too, cold or not as it looked like I had been coal mining after I was done.

Put a can on it and it will get even filthier!

I shot 2400 ish rounds through mine (SBR Oly with sten mag kit) before cleaning and it never failed.

I shoot 3.2 BE with 147 moly's and get good accuracy and still plenty quiet.

I run a heavy buffer (9 oz I think,) and it helped some as said earlier. I also run Vihtavuori powder which seems to run a little cleaner. Still is a dirty pig especially with the can but the fun factor is worth it!

I'm running a Vltor A5H4 6.83 oz buffer with a rifle spring and with the BCG weighs 20.5 oz total mass which is just about where it should be on paper.
The recoil doesn't seem harsh, extracted cartridges looked good and didn't see any evidence of bolt bounce so I'm leaving that alone for now.

I've been very happy with the accuracy of my PSA as well. Guess I didn't shoot it enough to notice the dirtiness.

I am failing to see the relavence of this thread :s0140:

image.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews