JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why??? would you want to shoot through your chronograph at 1768 yards?
To calculate the BC of a projectile?

I think (not an expert here) that one would need two chronos to do that.

I don't think that you would need to have a chrono at nearly 1800 yards to arrive at a decent calculation, unless it is some really high velocity cartridge and one needs a subsonic velocity to calculate BC?

To calculate the BC of a projectile?

I don't think that you would need to have a chrono at nearly 1800 yards to arrive at a decent calculation, unless it is some really high velocity cartridge and one needs a subsonic velocity to calculate BC?
Yes. I can buy that. But don't most bullet manufacturers have that information available in their reloading manuals or on their web sites?
I have two chronographs, but I don't think I want to put one at 1800 yards either. That would be a little scary for me. :(

The only problem with chronos:

1689270574379.png

Not what I intended. :oops: :(😭

To get any meaningful data for distance/load calculations you certainly would. Any variance at the muzzle would cause an exponential variance at distance... so without knowing exactly what velocity was at your near distance.... your distance chono reading would be rather worthless for load adjustments.

Unless... it's just a curiosity thing... but I don't see how it would be at all meaningful for anything else without an accurate muzzle velocity.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews