JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am so happy to be out of Portland and Multinomah County. My actual milage is longer but the commute time is the same. The politics are better in Columbia County and the people are friendly. I should have done the move 20 years ago.

Like anything good you need to work at it. You need to take part in your community and be an active player. I

Maddog, thanks for the info.

Hillsboro and Beaverton were two of our top picks due to some of the larger technology companies nearby and the light rail service into the city.

I'll look into beavercreek as recommended.

As to maddog's recommendation of Beavercreek, I'm in Oregon City, Beavercreek is about 5-10 minutes further south, and is a nice place, small, rural, out of the way, but still reasonably accessible to the Portland metro area. It feels like you're way out there, even though you're not. If you needed to get out to Beaverton/Hillsboro, you'd be looking at likely a 1 hour drive average, possibly a bit longer depending on which hours you work. To Portland it's more like 45 minutes. I drive from Oregon City to SE Portland each day for work, and it runs me about 30-40 minutes on average - and that's with no freeway driving.

Just out of curiosity, how are the bugs in OR / sWA ? We rarely have any flying insects due to our ultra low humidity and coastal breezes.

Speaking only of the Portland metro area and northern Willamette valley, not too bad. Flies, honeybees, yellow jackets, mud dauber wasps, occasional black hornets, mosquitoes, gnats. Moths and butterflies, occasionally flying beetles like June bugs - though I see those rarely. Not really any huge bitem's around - mosquitoes get bad toward dusk in the summertime in some areas.

Due to our last few summers being a bit mild, I'm seeing more wasps/hornets showing up this year. Mostly they leave you alone so long as you don't disturb a nest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top