JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
im looking to re stock a remington 700 adl and ruger m77 both long action the ruger is a 7mm mag the remington 30-06, i like the looks and price point of the boyds laminate classic stocks, my confusion starts with this, do i have to bed the action? pillar bed? or is that just on long range guns? i plan on never shooting over 400 yards with either of these guns

The guns might shoot quite well. Bedding does offer several long term advantages. First, full action bedding and skim coat free float bedding does a nice job of sealing the wood. Second, pillar bedding (and to a lesser extent glass bedding without pillars) limits the amount of crush that takes place when the action is removed and reinstalled from the stock. This helps to avoid point of impact change. It also helps with the recoil of the gun.
I'm certain the guns will be okay without any bedding, but it might be something for you to consider in the future. Also remember, that there is rarely such a thing as a drop in part (stock or otherwise). Be prepared to do some minor fitting when the stocks arrive. Go slow, and take small amounts at a time in areas that need fitting. Harder to put wood back than it is to take it off...

Thanks fellas i was hoping minor fitment sanding and off i go we shall see how they shoot i bet quite a bit better than the 20 year old beat up non free floating stocks they are in!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top