JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Several years back I purchased a used Ruger American Ranch boltie in 5.56. It has the cheap plastic mags but feeds and shoots fine. I have only shot it at the bench and have been grabbing the brass as I slowly work the bolt back and all seemed fine. I am loading some coyote pills for a trip to the eastern side of the state and was funtion testing a resized empty case to make sure my .002" bump was enough. It occurred to me while I was doing this I had never worked the action in earnest at speed. When I did I was underwhelmed and the empty cases barely dribble clear of the action no matter how you work the bolt. In a couple instances, they didn't clear. Has anybody else had an ejection problem like this with a rar in 5.56? I checked and lubed the ejection plunger and the spring is strong and it travels freely yet the ejection remains weak. I might have to get Ruger involved to resolve.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top