JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have two rifles that were left to me by a dear friend. Both are from Ranger rifles of Galviston Texas. One is a .338 win.mag. with a thumb hole laminated stock, and the other is what appears to be a Brazilian walnut 7mm rem mag. Both are beautiful examples of truely fine firearms. The problem I have is I cannot find any information reguarding this company. Can anyone tell me where to get info about these gifts, they are not for sell as that would be bad juju. I will pass them to my kids. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

According to the information in the "Standard Catalog of Firearms" by Dan Shideler (fantastic accurate book, Dan must be a weapons nuts weapon nut), the Ranger only details 7 models without any description of the company.

The magnum models listed are the Statesman Magnum, Senator Magnum and the Governor Magnum,

Statesman, bolt action rifle produced in various calibers with a 22" barrel, no sights, and a checkered walnut stock, blued from the early 70's.

Senator, same as statesman with better finish

Govenor, same as senator but with better walnut and finer lined checkering.

No indication of any of these ever having a thumbhole or liminate stock, so that may be a true custom or perhpas a modification of an afermarket stock to this rifle?

The 7mm is prob. a govenor magum, the top of the line?

Listed values, range from 500 to $100, excellent to poor.

The book has no pictures either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads