JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NICE! I am pretty good with tools so this might be something to take on over a saturday afternoon. Or i might just order the trigger kit from Cajun Gun Works. I've heard good thing about them on CZ forum.

Yeah, I heard the same about CGW. The hammer is where its at for CZ from what I understand and after taking it apart I can see how changing the angle on the face on the hammer would make for a nice short break....and the adjustable sear for the reset. I got to tell ya though I got it for a SD pistol and I like it where it is. Once I smoothed the trigger pull up and lightened the DA trigger pull I don't want the trigger any more sensitive than it is for a defensive/service pistol. It already shoots better than any service pistol I have ever shot but if I were competition or just wanted a real nice range gun I would do it up or maybe have bought a SP-01 Shadow. The Shadow doesn't have the firing pin block and no decocker so it inherently has a better trigger right off the bat, but you don't want that in a combat pistol...twitchy trigger finger blues

Haha, Just because someone shot better with Beretta?

I have this curious preference for more accurate pistols over less accurate ones.

Aside from that I have owned both and no longer own CZs. I found the 85B to be less accurate and more failure prone than any Beretta 92FS I have ever encountered. The springs in the CZ were particularly poor, especially the extractor's.

I have this curious preference for more accurate pistols over less accurate ones.

Everyone shots differently and have different ergo preference. One shoots better with one pistol doesn't mean another person will have the same results. It's all depends what works well for the individual. For me, the CZ was very comfortable and natural, from the first second I picked it up. Beretta, not so much. But it might be complete different for another person.

Below is my first outing with the CZ75B. 10 rounds at 30 ft. I put the pasties over my prior round with a FNP-9, which I did not enjoy at all.

Photo0208.jpg

Photo0208.jpg

Nice shooting! Yeah I wasn't referring to bad luck on accuracy that could be many things, it not like any gun shoots a crooked line, I was referring to the failure prone part of his post. It is all but unheard of with CZ 75's or really any CZ for that matter, so he got an unfortunate pick of the litter that's all.

Last Edited:
One of my first pistols was a CZ 75B and I traded it in on...something. Can't believe I did that. I was so green I didn't know how great it was. Live and learn. BTW, for those of you who live in Southern Washington (I'm in Vancouver), there's a small gun store in Woodland called Woodland Guns and Ammo (duh) who's owner is a big CZ fan and always has a variety of CZs in stock. I think his website (www.woodlandgunsandammo) is usually fairly up to date. It's a bit of a drive for me but it's probably worth the trip if you're looking. Also, Brightwater Ventures in Vancouver (another great LGS) also normally has several in stock. I'm interviewing for a pretty big promotion on Wednesday and the wife already told me I should treat myself to a new gun if I get it. I just bought her a Beretta 84FS (Cheetah .380), so I'm in good with her for a while. The P-06 looks really, really nice. Wish me luck on Wednesday. It'll be a high end Dan Wesson 1911 a month raise if I get it, if that helps any.

My wife just read the post and pointed out that I told her only this morning that my next gun would be a Walther PPQ 9mm. I told her that was true, but that the Walther was payback for buying her the Beretta 84FS and that the P-06 would be because of the raise. She's still mulling it over.

I've carried a 92FS Police Special on duty, and then again the CZ75 has seen some duty use as well.

CZ fits me much better and is equally reliable as the Beretta.

The BEST trigger modification you can do to your CZ short of a trigger job, is installing a #15 hammer spring.

Smoother and lighter.

People use the #13 for competition, but the #15 is better for harder primers.

KEV

The CZ platform of pistols are outstanding guns. I have had a number of them over the years and I am always sorry when I let one go. I am a lefty and need the "other side" safety so the standard 75 is not great for me but they still make a number of models I can work with.

My current gun, and one I will never let go, is a 75 SA that went off to CZ Custom for a trigger job and new rear sight. I had them cut the slide with a Novak dovetail and install a STI adjustable rear and fiber optic front; great set up.

I don't want to sound like a Beretta basher but I was forced to carry them in the service and was responsible to train others on them. I never went to the range without spare locking blocks and they were very challenging for people with small hands. I personally hated the safety/de-cock lever location and carried the thing with the lever up when I went on boardings and might need it in a hurry. Beretta makes many very nice guns but I would never spend my money on the 92!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top