JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wasn't really sure where to post this. The wife brought it home, said she picked it up off the range for me (har-dee har har o_O). Cool gesture nonetheless.

I'm hoping someone will donate the powder, a primer and cast me a boollitt for it. We could send it to Jay as a well wishing gesture in his upcoming Presidential campaign.

Seriously though, Navy gun?

IMG-0815.jpg IMG-0816.jpg
IMG-0813-3.jpg IMG-0811-1.jpg
IMG-0805-1.jpg B-IMG-0805-1.jpg
A-IMG-0805-1.jpg

Along the same subject, I had a friend brought me this thing. Said he found it near the columbia river.

20 3/4 inches long
5" diameter
weighs 50 pounds
There are no markings that I can find It looks like maybe the tip can be removed but I don't have a spanner to fit it.

I'm thinking Navy 5" training round but near the Columbia?

Anyone have a guess?

artillery round.jpg

Along the same subject, I had a friend brought me this thing. Said he found it near the columbia river.

20 3/4 inches long
5" diameter
weighs 50 pounds
There are no markings that I can find It looks like maybe the tip can be removed but I don't have a spanner to fit it.

Anyone have a guess?

View attachment 560270
I would be more than a little concerned about what's inside it and whether that might be HE. I don't think I'd be fiddling with taking it apart.

20 3/4 inches long
5" diameter
weighs 50 pounds

Anyone have a guess?

View attachment 560270
Shell from Fort Stevens or Fort Columbia ......lots and lots of Navy/Fort training in the mouth of the Columbia .

20 3/4 inches long
5" diameter
weighs 50 pounds

Anyone have a guess?

View attachment 560270

I would be VERY careful with that! Depending on where along the river it was found, could be extremely valuable historically! Remember, the Japs did actually shell the Oregon coast in the area of Fort Stevens, and a 5 in naval shell could travel up to 9 miles!:eek::eek::eek:
If you can find any marking's especially around the fuse, post pictures and I can identify the type of fuse and likely the payload!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top