JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is difference active duty, army reserve, nat guard? They all deploy to the sand box, they all sacrifice and their families as well. As citizen soldiers they have to try to balance multiple 12 month tours, stop loss, and everything else with their employers and when they come home to no work or let go because of alleged slow down, they don't have the luxury of a guaranteed job from a contract of enlistment. Most Nat guard and reserve members of military wish they could go active and have the luxury of a guaranteed pay. Also, if that person is in the military and his command finds out that he attended a political rally in uniform, I would not want to be him..........In reply to the soldier at the rally.

I was there from 11:30-2:00. I brought my wife, daughter and mother-in-law, but once we got out of the car, they all realized they were underdressed and got back in. I stood in the crowd with my sign for 2 hours. My legs and hands were frozen stiff to a point I could not operate my smartphone but I was happy to be there. A few buddies from work said they would come but all flaked out. My family went to the mall and later parked in front if the Capitol building to catch the last half of all the speakers. After it was all over, I had a young man approach me and ask me what was going on. I quickly filled him in and I felt like with his line of questioning that I was being interviewed, he sounded like he prepared his questions. All I told him about the importance of keeping your firearms locked up in your house until you need them as well as my belief that mental illness was a direct cause for Aurora, CTC and Sandy Hook shootings as well as failure to secure firearms in homes from these ill people. I also stated that I was fully supporting mandatory background checks on all firearm purchases and transfers, which is the only "common sense" legislation I have heard recently.

When I got home, the News channel 8 said about 1,200 people were in attendance. I was happy with the turnout but I think each and every one of us needs to bring at least one more person for the 8th. Lets double/triple our numbers. BTW, I was the churchy dressed man in a leather jacket with a sign that said: "Confiscation?? Registration?? Not on my watch!!!" Thank you everyone for coming.

I got there late. Saw a lot of people coming & going so I think the total head count was much higher than the photos show. One thing for sure... it was Cold!

I'll be there again on Feb. 8th.

Did anyone see me? I was the guy in a suit jacket with my little girl. I had a pvc pipe pole in the shape of a T with two large flags on it. (black and white don't tread on me, and a red, white, and blue flag with a liberty bell on it)

What is difference active duty, army reserve, nat guard? They all deploy to the sand box, they all sacrifice and their families as well. As citizen soldiers they have to try to balance multiple 12 month tours, stop loss, and everything else with their employers and when they come home to no work or let go because of alleged slow down, they don't have the luxury of a guaranteed job from a contract of enlistment. Most Nat guard and reserve members of military wish they could go active and have the luxury of a guaranteed pay. Also, if that person is in the military and his command finds out that he attended a political rally in uniform, I would not want to be him..........In reply to the soldier at the rally.

Well, I was asking to see why he was dressed in full ACUs. Actually, there is a big difference between Active, Reserve, and NG. Regardless, You are right, it is illegal under the UCMJ to attend a political rally in uniform without unit approval. My main concern was here was someone in a military uniform, giving the appearance a military member (whether credible or not), being lax with their weapons safety rules. Not the greatest image IMO. If he had been in a Marine uniform I damn sure would have said something. Luckily, Marines know not to wear utilities off base or out of theater.

My wife, a good friend and I were there. We went there after the Albany gun show and got there a 11:30 and stayed until the very end. My wife sported her 2nd Amendment sign, girls with guns shirt and her fully loaded Walther PPK/S.
image.jpg
My good friend that is also ex military stands beside her. We had a great time and this was the first time any of us had attended a rally of any kind. After 21/2 hours in the freezing cold, the first words out of my wife's mouth were that she was taking vacation for the feb 8 rally. Quite a trooper to say the least. Our biggest accomplishment was getting 3 drivers in Toyota Prius's to honk in support of the 2nd Amendment.

image.jpg

I was there along with my little bro and a friend. Really cool mix of people. incredibly I just saw a gun appreciation day report on channel 12 and they did not even mention a turnout in Salem. Come on media!

Typical mainslime media behavior.. but you can bet the politicians know the real score, and that is what matters

Couple of us drove up in the ice and fog from the Rogue Valley. We will be bringing more on the 8th ! BE THERE !

All of you who are reading this and flaked out at the last minute.....we are taking notes !

Don't ride on the coat tails of us men and women of action, put down your keyboard, get off your *** and make a difference

Please excuse the quality....I still run a flip phone lol

Sorry, fellow Washingtonians! It was cheaper to go to Salem, so I went there. Took two friends with me. Ended up talking until about 3:30 and making new contacts. Got home in time to see the Salem Rally on three different tv channels. Great day overall and I thawed out by this morning.

Beautiful daughter, you must be a proud dad.....she lived through the cold and is a better person for it. She will tell her Grandchildren of this day and their Great Grandfather, the patriot

We had a really good time with the exception of some guy scolding me for exposing my daughter to such cold weather.
Cold weather? This is OREGON for cryin' out loud - kids live & play in the cold weather here! I wonder what he would think if he saw kids in shorts in LaPine in January!

I was there and left my coat in the jeep!!!! Freezing!! Bald head and sleeves rolled up. Glad for the support and i love my neighbor MC's just wish they would have not been revving their bikes up during the the patriotic singing. I was also not happy there were not any news vans there giving us the amount of coverage they would have been any Occupy rally

Channel 2, 6 & 8 were all there. I saw the coverage on 2 & 6 and it was a respectable, reasonable presentation. Neither 2 or 6 tried to throw any back-handed slights at the event, just the facts as far as I could tell from having been there myself. Didn't get to see the channel 8 story, probably because it was airing at the very same time I was watching 2 & 6.

That mirrors my own thoughts quite closely. I really could have done without the drawn out communist manifesto crap, we get it registration is bad, but the rest of it doesn't help the bipartisan gun rights cause.

I'll see your "registration is bad" and raise you a "registration is illegal". It's funny (or not) how the howler monkeys of status quo statism, have always been so smugly self-assured about asserting that the "law" requires Citizens to get a "license" in order to defend themselves with their chosen sidearm concealed in their purse or under their jacket. The fact is is that the "law" calls them out as the liars and perpetuators of fraud that they are. Here's how the law defines "license" and "registration" for purposes of the executive branch's duties in administering and enforcing the law....as it is legislatively intended:

"ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES ACT
(General Provisions)
183.310 Definitions for chapter. As used in this chapter:
(5) “License” includes the whole or part of any agency permit, certificate, approval, registration or similar form of permission required by law to pursue any commercial activity, trade, occupation or profession."

Notice how the law only refers to "license" in terms of "commercial" activity? Is it a "commercial" activity to exercise your right under Oregon Constitution, Article 1, Section 27 that describes NO conditions to our right to armed self defense? See below:

Oregon Constitution, Article 1, Section 27. Right to bear arms; military subordinate to civil power. The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power[.]

Steve Duin the lunatic left wing nut ball who write for the Oregonian had his column in the Sunday paper blasting the Sheriff of Linn County and the 2nd amendment - Tell him how you feel at:
[email protected] He seems to think that Washington DC does not want to ban all weapons.. he needs some re-education..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top