JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another case were someone should have just called 911 and left the guy the hell alone. Everyone thinks they can be in charge of everything. If the guy had been a criminal they could easily have gotten themselves hurt. Amazing stupidity.

I guess I read this differently. I believe a resident at an apartment complex, with gated parking, has the right to ask someone they don't know, who IS skulking cars, who they are? I think it DID turn out to be mistake though because the guy skulking turned into an bubblegum immediately it sounds like. Why not respond in a courteous manner? "Yes ma'am, here's my ID, I'm checking for parking permits in these cars" Racist? Maybe/maybe not. The guy WAS a big DICK.

I guess I read this differently. I believe a resident at an apartment complex, with gated parking, has the right to ask someone they don't know, who IS skulking cars, who they are? I think it DID turn out to be mistake though because the guy skulking turned into an bubblegum immediately it sounds like. Why not respond in a courteous manner? "Yes ma'am, here's my ID, I'm checking for parking permits in these cars" Racist? Maybe/maybe not. The guy WAS a big DICK.
Yes if I lived there "I" might ask someone I saw going around what they were doing. If they acted like they had a chip on their shoulder I would shrug, walk away and call 911. I would NOT want my Wife to even try since if it is scum there to steal they may just attack. The woman and her son only got in trouble because they kept pushing it. The worker did have a HUGE chip on his shoulder and the Mom and Son fell right in line with what he needed. Scream racism. If they wanted to ask they should have just backed off as soon as he acted like he did. Then after they found out he did indeed work there they could complain to the people who hire him. Anyone doing what he was doing should be dressed so it is PLAINLY clear what he is doing.

Yes if I lived there "I" might ask someone I saw going around what they were doing. If they acted like they had a chip on their shoulder I would shrug, walk away and call 911. I would NOT want my Wife to even try since if it is scum there to steal they may just attack. The woman and her son only got in trouble because they kept pushing it. The worker did have a HUGE chip on his shoulder and the Mom and Son fell right in line with what he needed. Scream racism. If they wanted to ask they should have just backed off as soon as he acted like he did. Then after they found out he did indeed work there they could complain to the people who hire him. Anyone doing what he was doing should be dressed so it is PLAINLY clear what he is doing.
But NO! It's racism! That's the issue I have with it. Certainly mom and kid were stoopid. The other guy should be fired from his job. He had a responsibility to offer up ID and the reason he was there on private property. There should be more to the article too. Maybe car break-ins had been numerous and calls to the police had gone totally unanswered? Ahem, potland? Of course the media is into the "racism" angle so likely wouldn't provide that info. People are sucking more and more every day.

i havent seen where the attendant started hostility - why do you think he was the dick?

i havent seen where the attendant started hostility - why do you think he was the dick?
Well lets see. Guy is walking from vehicle to vehicle in the garage looking into the cars. Turns out he is looking for the permit but how is someone who see's him to know this? So when someone asks him what he is doing did he say "Here is my ID, I work here making sure no one without a permit is using your parking garage you pay for". I did not see him acting like that. What I saw was him telling others they can get bent if they want to know what he is doing. He was looking to start a confrontation and he found two fools to bite. Then he screamed racism. If he worked for me? He would have been politely told I no longer needed him.

Good old media! Learn something here. When you read something that sounds incredulous don't believe it until you've read other sources. Have some common sense. Don't read something and believe it. ALL media bend truth, leave out an downright LIE, in their reporting.

People with a "chip on their shoulder" frequently react differently, from those who don't have one.

IMHO......
Employees (and especially Public employees) should respond in a courteous manner. NOT as if looking to fight.

Now.....I wasn't there.....so I'm not taking a side in this.

Aloha, Mark

Good old media! Learn something here. When you read something that sounds incredulous don't believe it until you've read other sources. Have some common sense. Don't read something and believe it. ALL media bend truth, leave out an downright LIE, in their reporting.

i dont see anything in that link that suggests he began hostilities. the video just shows a woman in a car screaming at another woman/women who are presumably behind the camera, and i cant make sense of the conversation at all.

seems to me perfectly plausible that the attendant was confronted by an accusatory bubblegum and was well within his right to tell her to pound sand. can you produce a video or even a written account of this not being the case? 'cause the narrative in that link sure makes it sound like this twit started it and is suffering the consequences of BS profiling.

Well lets see. Guy is walking from vehicle to vehicle in the garage looking into the cars. Turns out he is looking for the permit but how is someone who see's him to know this? So when someone asks him what he is doing did he say "Here is my ID, I work here making sure no one without a permit is using your parking garage you pay for". I did not see him acting like that. What I saw was him telling others they can get bent if they want to know what he is doing. He was looking to start a confrontation and he found two fools to bite. Then he screamed racism. If he worked for me? He would have been politely told I no longer needed him.
are tenants his "boss?" how is he to identify who is and isnt a tenant? he could have just as easily and justifiably stopped THEM to question whether or not they were allowed to be there. but neither have any call to do so, nor reason to be suspicious of the other.

if i was doing my job while wearing my ID badge and two random people started following me and then confronted me i probably wouldnt respond with my customer service hat on either. nor would you.

are tenants his "boss?" how is he to identify who is and isnt a tenant? he could have just as easily and justifiably stopped THEM to question whether or not they were allowed to be there. but neither have any call to do so, nor reason to be suspicious of the other.

if i was doing my job while wearing my ID badge and two random people started following me and then confronted me i probably wouldnt respond with my customer service hat on either. nor would you.
Your choice of course. If you worked for me and acted like that I would let you go. Some have what it takes to work with the public, many do not.

Bad building management. It didn't have to be confrontational. All they needed to do was review security video and note the license plate numbers of the cars entering/leaving, then walk through and record plates in the very early morning a couple of times. Now you know the plate numbers using the parking.

Now, notify all the tenants that you will be checking the parking for permits every day for a week. Give the inspector handouts explaining the reason for the inspection and the contact information for the landlord with the instruction that all communication on the subject of the inspection must be done through this contact, not the inspector on-site, and tell them to give them to anyone who questions/confronts them. The cars not parked there during that week are a good indication of which ones don't have permits. You have the plate numbers, and when they show back up, you can target them for towing. Have the tow company look for permits in case the cheating tenants are swapping the permits between vehicles, as you don't want to tow one with a permit.

Permits should be assigned to a distinct license plate number.

nor would you.
Yes I would, if I wasn't a dick and could see myself from the PAYING RESIDENTS point of view. And I was a professional . But if I believed in systemic racism and had been eating up everything the demorats had been selling for the last six years, and was pissed off at the world, with a huge chip on my shoulder. I'd probably act like you, I mean that. That would still make me the dick though.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top