Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rabbit hunting Western Wa

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by kukusya, Dec 18, 2012.

1. kukusya

kukusya King County Wa Active Member

I want to try something new on hunting. Don't know where to go in Western WA. Any help or advise.
    Thank you all.:thumbup:

2. DeanMk

DeanMk Poulsbo, Wa. Active Member

You can hunt Cottontail's and Snowshoe's, though, so know your speices.
    Season runs through 3/15 of next year with a limit of 5 a day or 15 total, single or mixed.
    As for a place to hunt, I'd check around Snohomish and east, to the foot of the mountains.
    Maybe somewhere along the passes...of course, it's getting pretty thick up there about now.
    If you're down south, I seem to remember sections of highway 18 were pretty "rural".
    Maybe around Black Diamond?
    If you wanna come west, across the sound, I used to hunt down in Tahuya when I was a kid (deer and phesant).
    Unless you live in the metropolitan sections of King Co., I'm betting there's someplace available to you that's fairly close by.

Nice thing about Rabbits, you can get by with the inexpensive low-brass stuff, although with the temps where they are now (and I expect it'll get a little colder before it starts warming up), I'd use a little heavier shot size, maybe 7.5's.
    If you already have, say, Duck & Phesant #6's, that'll be ok, too.

....dang, now I wanna go rabbit huntin'. :banghead:

Dean

3. JimmyD

JimmyD Salem,Or Member

There are some christmas tree farms just south of Puyallap you could check with, Snowshoe evergreen is one you could call and ask. Talk to Ken. He might say no, but then again he might say yes..

Good luck

4. kukusya

kukusya King County Wa Active Member

Thanks a lot. Merry Christmas to all