JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So far what I have is a basic 10/22 and a magpul x22 stock... . What are the most important first things to do with a 10/22? I have the stock and the scope covered. This will be a range toy/appleseed/training rifle. Any recommended diy jobs? Most important aftermarket parts ect..

How much shooting have you done with it?
Maybe it shoots just fine with what you have.

Find what ammo it likes and spend time shooting the rifle at different ranges and different positions before investing in parts or accessories to see what you need or want , based on how you shoot not how other folks shoot.

Practicing and maintaining good shooting skills , beats any aftermarket add on.
Andy

Find what ammo it likes and spend time shooting the rifle at different ranges and different positions before investing in parts or accessories to see what you need or want , based on how you shoot not how other folks shoot.

Andy

Exactly! I was going to be a little brusk and say, "shoot the danged thing!" :)

So far what I have is a basic 10/22 and a magpul x22 stock... . What are the most important first things to do with a 10/22? I have the stock and the scope covered. This will be a range toy/appleseed/training rifle. Any recommended diy jobs? Most important aftermarket parts ect..

These little rifles have been so popular for so long that it seems everyone makes "stuff" for them. As mentioned start shooting it. See what you think you may want. You can spend enough on one to buy 3 more easily. Nice thing is how easy they are to work on. Start looking at the after market, shoot it, look some more. See what looks good to you. These are a TON of fun.

Accessorize with ammo! (I think this is in Canada.. buggers).

th?&id=OIP.Punqf_l3d_lXCe0ywh_J2wEsDh&w=300&h=225&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

I think it'd be neat to put a nice aperture sight on a 10-22 instead of a scope. and a sling.. and that's it

1. Volquartsen target hammer kit: $38.00
2. Extended mag release (you pick the style):
3. Bolt release modification: $0.00
4. Kidd bolt buffer: $10.00
5. Extended bolt handle
6. Re-contour and polish rear of bolt body

These mods help ease of operation, and also help with accuracy. 10-22's are fun little rifles to shoot.

Like others have said, shoot it and see what ammo it likes. Just about a must when dealing with these 10-22's...:
IMG_0622_zpsv1ywkt2j.jpg
IMG_0741_zpsrssudtq5.jpg

I love my little 10/22. Bone stock, nothing done to it except added a quick release scope since the iron sights work just fine. Just shoot the hell out of it I say. Definitely play around with ammo though. Each one I've ever had liked different ammo.

yeah i understand just shoot the damn thing and honestly i probably cant shoot better then it comes stock BUT i really enjoy working on my own guns and modifying them as a hobby so thats why i do it. i realize it doesnt NEED anything. and ammo is always deffinatley the priority but after that i choose to use some of my money on something that is fun for me.

Last Edited:
yeah i understand just shoot the damn thing and honestly i probably cant shoot better then it comes stock BUT i really enjoy working on my own guns and modifying them as a hobby so thats why i do it. i realize it doesnt NEED anything. and ammo is always deffinatley the priority but after that i gotta waste my money on something!
Well, you could always stick a bipod on it.. they're easy to take on and off. I like one long enough for sitting.

I would recommend a set of Tech Sights if you want to work with iron sights - I need to get a set for my 10/22, I've got them already on my Marlin.

Andy

this is great advice and i absolutley plan to do this just like i do with any new firearm. combining your own personal experience with other peoples knowledge and experiences usually helps me make a decision

What about barrel? Personally I like a longer bull barrel on my .22's especially ones with Iron sights! That is probably the biggest asset with these 10/22's thousands of parts at very reasonable prices! I still do not own a 10/22, but at some point I will be adding one to my .22 collection!

My biggest problem, I would have to build one from the ground up to get it to where my others are! Still, a pretty neeto project if and when I get around to it! This thread has got me thinkin, so thanks O Lot! LOL

Ura-Ki, this thread got me thinking too. Had to take mine out and stare at it for a minute. Maybe a new Magpul stock would be a good idea. Have to think on that. My 11 year old shoots it more than I do now. I should try and get him to think about upgrades for it if he wants. Lil bastard is an awesome shot with iron sights. He hates using the scope. Oh to have good eyesight again! LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top