JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if you have an expired drivers license you are not licensed to drive. do not conceal carry if not licensed to do so. send application in early.

if you have an expired drivers license you are not licensed to drive. do not conceal carry if not licensed to do so. send application in early.

Yea, not worth loosing your firearms rights over a couple weeks of not carrying.

Take a folding knife and stay away from high risk areas at high risk times if possible.

(A concealed ballpeen hammer is not a concealed weapon... skinheads do it all the time)

Yea, not worth loosing your firearms rights over a couple weeks of not carrying.

Take a folding knife and stay away from high risk areas at high risk times if possible.

(A concealed ballpeen hammer is not a concealed weapon... skinheads do it all the time)
it is ok to open carry loaded in washington correct?

it is ok to open carry loaded in washington correct?

Yes open carry is ok. If your in town, be ready to get called into the police and know how to explain what your doing. As well as asked to leave stores depending on who sees it.

Biggest issue is the carrying loaded in the car so like said above you have to empty the gun when getting in the car.

I think loaded mags are ok in WA but not OR so I'd double check that.

I just renewed my card a few weeks ago and I could have sworn the guy said to carry your recipt from renewal because it acts like the card until you get the new one in the mail. I just got off a long work day that day so I wasn't paying that much attention.

Yes open carry is ok. If your in town, be ready to get called into the police and know how to explain what your doing. As well as asked to leave stores depending on who sees it.

Biggest issue is the carrying loaded in the car so like said above you have to empty the gun when getting in the car.

I think loaded mags are ok in WA but not OR so I'd double check that.
im just curious as i am currently in seattle for work training:( i have an OR CHL and am familiar with our carry laws. joe, i remember asking you where to go in vancouver to apply for a WA license... yeah... ive been lazy and now im open carrying in seattle. wish me luck. also are knives ok in WA?

im just curious as i am currently in seattle for work training:( i have an OR CHL and am familiar with our carry laws. joe, i remember asking you where to go in vancouver to apply for a WA license... yeah... ive been lazy and now im open carrying in seattle. wish me luck. also are knives ok in WA?

It varies from city to city on knives - no fixed blades and keep a folder no longer then 3" and I THINK you should be ok.

We apply for CC permits at the local sheriffs office down here.

It varies from city to city on knives - no fixed blades and keep a folder no longer then 3" and I THINK you should be ok.

We apply for CC permits at the local sheriffs office down here.
last time i was up here(im actually in shoreline) i went to the local PD because on washingtons dept of licenseing website it says ANY law enforcement office... they told me i had to go to downtown seattle. bummer. wasnt about to drive 2 hrs for 10 miles

I just renewed my card a few weeks ago and I could have sworn the guy said to carry your recipt from renewal because it acts like the card until you get the new one in the mail. I just got off a long work day that day so I wasn't paying that much attention.
WA and OR may have different laws. (Edit for clarity, I'm in WA.)

Last renewal, there was a week between old expiring and new arriving, and I was specifically cautioned against CCW without permit for the duration between.

It would be nice if this f***ed-up monkeyhump of a state could get a clue and have them expire on a fixed date like your birthdate, and just tack a renewal's term on at end of current rather than "five years from date of renewal application."

I swear, the only things more dog-sh*t-STUPID than Seattleites are the Olympia Governmental Class...

Last Edited:

I was told this also when I renewed. Not sure I would want to rely on it in court however.

WA and OR may have different laws. (Edit for clarity, I'm in WA.)

Last renewal, there was a week between old expiring and new arriving, and I was specifically cautioned against CCW without permit for the duration between.

It would be nice if this f***ed-up monkeyhump of a state could get a clue and have them expire on a fixed date like your birthdate, and just tack a renewal's term on at end of current rather than "five years from date of renewal application."

I swear, the only things more dog-sh*t-STUPID than Seattleites are the Olympia Governmental Class...
Very good point, I didn't look at the location. And I agree with you. My pet peeve is they don't notify you when it's about to expire.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top