JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got a Lee Classic Loader (Hand loader via rubber mallet) as I want to start looking at reloading. I understand this kit isn't fast and isn't the best but that's fine by me because I'm just wanting to get the feel and like doing things with my hands.

I bought the kit for the 9mm but it seems that I may have gotten the .45ACP decapping chamber as the case slops all over the place but it seems to fit a .45 like a glove. Can anyone confirm this or snap an image of how the 9mm Looks in theirs?

Ive included two images. The first is an empty 9mm case in the decapping chamber and the second is a .45 in the same decapping chamber.

Thanks

boolit2.JPG

boolit1.JPG

It has been a while since I used mine (I started with a Lee classic in 9mm around 35 years ago) but don't you knock out the case with the decapper while it's still in the sizing die but over/upon that decapper base thingy? try that..
All I have in the Lee classic anymore are for bottleneck rifle.
good luck

Apologies, I should have specified the issue...

The issue occurs when I place the primed case in the decapping chamber and the resizing die over the case to seat the bullet. Because there is so much space in the decapping chamber, it doesn't seem to align correctly and the case leans into the well for the primer and the bullet goes cockeyed making it nearly impossible to seat the bullet. I have not been able to successfully seat a round yet.

Hmm, I can see how that'd probably be a problem.
I'd call Lee at (262) 673-3075 and tell them the story.
It sounds like the wrong part or something.. let us know how it goes.

Spoke with Lee and they said that it shouldnt slop around much. The guy said that normally they ask for pics but decided to just send me the one that should be with the set.

So there is still some question but I have a new one coming.

I'd still be interested in seeing pics if someone is willing to take them.

I was looking at online pics of those ("lee classic loader" 9mm) and you may well have the right one. Like I said, its been a long time since I used one for handgun but I seem to remember flaring the bejeesus out of them so they'd be against the die body wall and be sure to funnel my sharp based lead slugs into the mouths.. the case head may well "float" within that "decapper base" to accommodate this. I'm not sure.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews