JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Butler Creek hot lips mags are junk.

The Butler Creek Steel Lips mags are much better, maybe 2 out of three will run 100%

The Ruger mags are better still. I have 2, so far no problems.

The machined aluminum mags are the way to go if you absolutely need 100%, 100% of the time,
but so far I have not felt the need.

Can you afford a jam? I shoot Speed Steel and a jam cost me time.

If you really want good try these.

<broken link removed>

They USE to be the Best! I bought some years back and they were awsome. I bought some this year and the finish and CNCing were junk. I called them the day I got them and ask if I got a possible factory 2nd. They ground down there screw up and anodized. Also had another one in the set where they drilled the holes in the wrong spot and where the 2 parts of the mag meet didnt even line up. They told me ya you can send them back but your paying shipping!

Buy the old ones there awsome. There customer service its about 1 out of 10. Quailtiy control went down. I Still own my older ones but am now buying ruger 25 mags and love them just the same

pictured are the TI25
001-3.jpg

I have a couple of Butler Creek steel lip mags very seldom ever have a problem, about the same FTF rate as the Ruger brand 10 round stock ones.

Have not tried the Ruger 25 rounders yet

BTW I have fired many thousands of rounds through my 10/22

The only real problem with the Hot Lips (at least the older ones) is that if you use them a lot the lips will actually wear and break vs steel which does not wear like that. I use to have a several and easily put 20k rounds though them. They started getting to the point where I was having more failures then I was willing to deal with.

I do like the new Ruger 25 rounds mags. They're tough and don't jam in my gun at all.

Major drawback is they don't fit either of my speedloaders!

Individually loading hundreds of Ely .22LR rounds of by hand really sucks.

seems like hicaps run good one day,then mess up the next time out.for speed steel,if doing it all over again i'd just buy stock 10 rounders.
My 2 BX25's run good,but then so do my steel lips BC's if I give them ammo they like.this month it's Blazers,next month/next time out,we;'ll see. lol

mine fits my speed loader,but the speed loader is a PITA,..just a tad better than doing it by hand.

one thing I don't like about the BX's,,cant tell how full they are.;)

At the moment, I have one bx that works perfect, and another that doesn't work perfect. It's kind of strange actually. Some days I can't shoot more then 1 round at a time (feeding problems). And other days, it will be fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top