JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I collect auto and balisong knives. I love auto knives and the gadget factor. I had for many years been under the impression that if the pocket clip was visible, they were not concealed and therefore legal to EDC with the clip exposed. Well, Multnomah County courts have ruled otherwise. State of Oregon v. Michael James Coatney Appellate Court No. A132096
And, it was not even an auto knife, it was a manual folder that could be wrist snapped open. Leave it to Portland to screw things up. Tighten up them pivot screws when in Portland. I now ECD a custom folder that cuts very well.

The license is a Concealed Handgun License, it doesn't apply to all weapons.

And in WA it's a CPL, Concealed Pistol License, and auto knives are illegal to own, let alone carry unless you're a LEO.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION law abiding gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

I collect auto and balisong knives. I love auto knives and the gadget factor. I had for many years been under the impression that if the pocket clip was visible, they were not concealed and therefore legal to EDC with the clip exposed. Well, Multnomah County courts have ruled otherwise. State of Oregon v. Michael James Coatney Appellate Court No. A132096
And, it was not even an auto knife, it was a manual folder that could be wrist snapped open.

Fron the limited information I could find, it said the case was affirmed without comment. Was the appeal solely on the grounds on the clip making the knife not concealed, or on multiple technical grounds, as if often the case. Do you have a link to any more information?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top