JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's say a guy in Portland has something I want to buy. Can he drive the gun over to Vancouver, WA and we do an immediate transfer at a FFL in Vancouver, WA?

Just curious. I sometimes see some nice stuff for sale in OR (I'm in WA), or someone looking for something that I might be willing to sell.

Peter

Yep perfectly legal. Just make sure the FFL is willing as Bob says.

If it is a long gun you don't even had to have it bought to you, you can do the transfer at an FFL in that state.

ATCclears,

I sort of have the same problem. I live in Vancouver, WA.

Finding the best deal?

Because of the tax situation and various Federal and State Laws........

I've found that it'll all depend on IF the seller is a private sale vs. an FFL's sale and IF it's a rifle or handgun, new vs. used and bottom line: what's the final price?

WA FFLs charge fees and taxes that can add up very quickly.

Buying handguns are a problem. Rifles, not so much.

Aloha, Mark

ATCclears,

I sort of have the same problem. I live in Vancouver, WA.

Finding the best deal?

Because of the tax situation and various Federal and State Laws........

I've found that it'll all depend on IF the seller is a private sale vs. an FFL's sale and IF it's a rifle or handgun, new vs. used and bottom line: what's the final price?

WA FFLs charge fees and taxes that can add up very quickly.

Buying handguns are a problem. Rifles, not so much.

Aloha, Mark

Uhh.. the State charges use and sales taxes. The merchant merely collects them for the state and must hold them till payable. Used to play that game but no longer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top