JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have access to a couple of hundred pounds of pure lead sheets that were taken from an x-ray room in a medical clinic. There is some drywall paper adhered to the back side.
Has anyone dealt with this before.

In ingot form you should get $1/lb without much trouble. Unprocessed it would go for a bit less I expect, but that depends on the buyer. If it's good soft pure lead, I would think black powder shooters would be especially interested.

Works excellent for muzzle loading ,the stuff is dead soft and easy to cut and melt.Makes really good round balls.I picked up some years ago and still have a little left.

Sheet lead is pure, I buy
In ingot form you should get $1/lb without much trouble. Unprocessed it would go for a bit less I expect, but that depends on the buyer. If it's good soft pure lead, I would think black powder shooters would be especially interested.

I prefer mine still in sheets, then I know no one has monkeyed with the alloy.

Pure lead is a great material. I use it as is for muzzleloader, I can alloy with tin for BPCR, or add wheel weights, or lead shot to make harder stuff for whatever, always a useful material to have.

xray and dental xray lead.....
been casting with it for several years, excellent in cap and ball muzzle loaders. it is a bit too soft for center fire, so I do add tin or old school wheel weight.
every time I go to the dentist, I get a new tooth brush, some floss and a big ol bag of lead!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top