JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
File this under "WTAF?!!"

The guy who helped buy the guns used by the San Bernardino terrorists, the guy that helped plan the attack until he backed out, who then, of course, didn't warn anyone about the attack, faces...25 years in jail. 25 years!! People were murdered in a terrorist attack with his help. Why is this living piece of filth not going to spend his life in prison, or, better yet at the end of a needle...

This is a big part of our problem - when something like this happens, they go easy on the bad guys, all the while blaming us for daring to own guns in the first place. Unbelievable that people in this country will be so lenient with murderers. Do they honestly think they couldn't be the subject of one of these attacks in the future??

25 years. Holy hell. SMFH.

Purchaser Of Guns Used In San Bernardino Attacks Faces 25 Years

Yeah that's pretty light. Probably only serve 1/2 of it with good behavior.

Another sign that in California, it's the gun at fault, not the person. He just got mixed up in all that scary gun stuff.

So try this sometime . . . highlight something in the story, like the guys name, and right click and select something like "search with Google." Got that part? Cool. Than start clicking links untill you find something from a (semi?) reputable source that provides more information, like this. ;)

Government recommends 25 years in prison for Enrique Marquez Jr., friend of San Bernardino terrorist – San Bernardino Sun

"Defendant did not, however, conspire with Rizwan and Malik to conduct the IRC attack and was at work on Dec. 2, 2015 during the IRC attack. He also didn't commit the terrorist acts he planned with Rizwan, and appears to have distanced himself from Rizwan," the sentencing memo stated. "He has expressed remorse for his prior criminal acts, and assisted the IRC investigation."

The day after the San Bernardino attack, Marquez called 911 and told the operator, "My neighbor. He did the San Bernardino shooting. … The (expletive) used my gun in the shooting," according to a transcript of the call contained in the FBI affidavit.

So that bold part, yes he did plan a different attack with the people that did eventually commit this attack, but nothing came of that, and he had nothing to do with this attack. Additionally he did call the police and appears to have cooperated with the investigation.

It's easy to get information these days, the harder part is getting enough information to fully understand the situation.

So try this sometime . . . highlight something in the story, like the guys name, and right click and select something like "search with Google." Got that part? Cool. Than start clicking links untill you find something from a (semi?) reputable source that provides more information, like this. ;)

Government recommends 25 years in prison for Enrique Marquez Jr., friend of San Bernardino terrorist – San Bernardino Sun

"Defendant did not, however, conspire with Rizwan and Malik to conduct the IRC attack and was at work on Dec. 2, 2015 during the IRC attack. He also didn't commit the terrorist acts he planned with Rizwan, and appears to have distanced himself from Rizwan," the sentencing memo stated. "He has expressed remorse for his prior criminal acts, and assisted the IRC investigation."

The day after the San Bernardino attack, Marquez called 911 and told the operator, "My neighbor. He did the San Bernardino shooting. … The (expletive) used my gun in the shooting," according to a transcript of the call contained in the FBI affidavit.

So that bold part, yes he did plan a different attack with the people that did eventually commit this attack, but nothing came of that, and he had nothing to do with this attack. Additionally he did call the police and appears to have cooperated with the investigation.

It's easy to get information these days, the harder part is getting enough information to fully understand the situation.

So what's your beef with the story? Do you think he should get off easier?

First of all, I'm quite aware of how Google search works. And I have no problem with the Bearing Arms link - it reports the story accurately - unless you can call out something about their story that is patently inaccurate.

Let's summarize the facts - this POS:

1. Bought 2 of the guns that were used in the attack and gave them to the shooters he did this as a straw purchase (felony) because (to quote your link) "his appearance was Caucasian, while Farook looked Middle-Eastern" He knew his friend may not be able to buy the gun, so took it on himself to do it for him.
2. He also purchased the explosive powder used in the attack
3. He participated initially in planning an attack - he knew an attack would happen - yes, he backed out, but never reported the fact that an attack was being planned - he is complicit by his silence. He could have saved lives, he chose not to
4. As per the FBI he "could have done something about it"
5. His charge is providing "material support to terrorists and making false statements"
6. Marquez "took the lead" in studying various bomb making techniques.

So I'm not sure what's bugging you about the story I linked. Nothing in your link changes that fact, if anything it lends even more evidence against this man. I don't see how the fact that he planned a different attack has anything to do with the outcome? So what? He still conspired with terrorists, he helped arm them, he helped research methods to do what they did. What, you want to let him off now? I seriously don't get why you have any problem with what was reported.

So what's your beef with the story? Do you think he should get off easier?

There are a couple of (admittedly minor) things, but that being said . . . I had "one of those days" and my solution of choice, getting everyone in the same room and smacking half of them upside the head, was not an available option. :(

In all honesty, I brought some of that frustration here and instead of just addressing the (admittedly minor) things, I posted what I did.

My bad. I should have listen to the little voice inside my head that told be to either rewrite that or delete it. :s0138:

So now I am going go and :s0059: in moderation and avoid anything else tonight that makes me :s0054::s0054::s0054:

So I bid you :s0162: and hope, if you so chose, you have a chance to enjoy :s0090: of your choice.

Last Edited:
The attack they had planned but sh!thead backed out of was to, blow cars up on the freeway or drop an over pass on a freeway. I cant remember. and then shoot people in their cars who were stuck in the traffic backup.
Either way dude deserves to die rotting in a cell or firing squad. What ever the state is using these dailys, he will probably only serve 10yrs with the screwed up situation californias prison system faces with overcrowding and the epidemic of early release, all jail time should be like federal time, its says 25 years, see ya on that date in 25years.

There are a couple of (admittedly minor) things, but that being said . . . I had "one of those days" and my solution of choice, getting everyone in the same room and smacking half of them upside the head, was not an available option. :(

In all honesty, I brought some of that frustration here and instead of just addressing the (admittedly minor) things, I posted what I did.

My bad. I should have listen to the little voice inside my head that told be to either rewrite that or delete it. :s0138:

So now I am going go and :s0059: in moderation and avoid anything else tonight that makes me :s0054::s0054::s0054:

So I bid you :s0162: and hope, if you so chose, you have a chance to enjoy :s0090: of your choice.

I understand, thanks for clarifying that as I definitely got a somewhat snarky tone off the post. It happens, especially in written communication. No worries, we're good, enjoy your evening.

The attack they had planned but sh!thead backed out of was to, blow cars up on the freeway or drop an over pass on a freeway. I cant remember. and then shoot people in their cars who were stuck in the traffic backup.
Either way dude deserves to die rotting in a cell or firing squad. What ever the state is using these dailys, he will probably only serve 10yrs with the screwed up situation californias prison system faces with overcrowding and the epidemic of early release, all jail time should be like federal time, its says 25 years, see ya on that date in 25years.

It sounds like they're limited by 'sentencing guidelines'. Family of some who died asked for more - they won't get it. Those victims and families should have more say in how the actual sentencing goes down.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews