Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Public shooting areas near Coos Bay OR?

ezra45

Reactions
Hello,
Relatively new to the area. Are there any public land shooting areas near Coos Bay or North Bend OR?

Thanks,

ezra

Reactions
http://www.tiogasportspark.org/index.html
Is probably the best place if you want to shoot rifles (or pistols), off 101 about half way between CB and Bandon.
A lot of folks shoot in the clear cut forest area just north of there, but I'm not sure about the legality or safety of that.
The Bandon Gun Club (bandongunclub.org) or the Myrtle Point Sportsmens Club (www.facebook.com/Myrtle-Point-Sportsmens-Club-373708940829) both have pistol ranges and clay shooting fields.
Or go to The Hole In The Wall gunshop in CB and ask the very friendly proprietors there about other options.

Reactions
I have been here about a year and have been looking for a place to shoot. Tioga sports park is a good place to go if you just want to shoot at a target from a bench.

I have been looking for a spot that I can practice "action shooting" for things like 3-Gun or USPSA. So drawing from a holster, walking and shooting ect. I have been told that between coos bay and bandon there are a lot of spots but I all access roads seem to be closed or too close to the road.

OP
ezra45

ezra45

Reactions
I have heard of a quarry in this area but am not familiar enough with the area to know where it is.

Regards,

ezra

If you go out the road to Winchester trails and stay to the right at the first junction there is an old gravel pit sort of about a mile and a half in, its a pretty popular spot. There is a gate on it that's never closed. We were out trap shooting on Beaverton Rd which is on the east side of 101 across from Winchester today, nice day but the wind was cold.

Reactions
If you go out the road to Winchester trails and stay to the right at the first junction there is an old gravel pit sort of about a mile and a half in, its a pretty popular spot. There is a gate on it that's never closed. We were out trap shooting on Beaverton Rd which is on the east side of 101 across from Winchester today, nice day but the wind was cold.
Sounds like the same spot I found. I just don't like that the large berm is right in front of the road. And that there's a smaller pit just behind that one.

That's one of the most common spots out there, you can tell by the trash. Rarely see anybody at the lower spot. There's two or three more side roads past there as you go south towards Bandon that have shooting spots also

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online