JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok as a recent kubota sub compact tractor owner what's the secret when setting up these on the smaller tractors
I don't remember having as much fun on the bigger farmalls and Oliver's I use to use when growing up. Seems the smaller tractors are more of a pain. Is it just me?

We have a Kubota L3300 or something like that. Not a little one. Sometimes the three point is a COMPLETE PIA to get hooked up. Now I make sure I have a good long (5') pry bar and a line up punch. Makes life a lot easier.

I do the same with mine, use a big pinch bar and a tapered bar. Some attachments use a quick hitch set up, and I see they can be adapted for others. Yes, it can be a real fun chore getting hooked up.

I've got a quick hitch on my JD3320 that works really well for most of my implements - rake, box blade, bush hog, etc. I've also got a 7.5' finish mower that needs the distance between the top link and and the bottom links to "float," and yes, it's a PITA to hook it up - so much so that I mostly leave it on the tractor during mowing season.

I have a bx2350 it is the smallest tractor I have ever used however saying that it has made my life a lot easier. I don't have to haul logs out on my back,... I have a brush hog that just feels like your wrestling with it when you hook it up. Having a lot of problems hooking up the pto it's got a push pin attachment - any secrets?

I live on a grade / hill and this little tractor seems to meet my needs especially in my orchard. Someday maybe I will get a bigger one.i know I love 4 wheel drive.

Yeah, that little bugger... can't you get the splines lined and barely started before you have to push the pin before sliding it the rest of the way on?

Yeah, that little bugger... can't you get the splines lined and barely started before you have to push the pin before sliding it the rest of the way on?
I have spent two hours over two different times and could not get it forward enough to engage the pin correctly. Eventually took the brush hog off and put the mmm on and took the grass down. The ironic part is the brush hog was mounted on the tractor when I got it. I will play with it again when I have time.

I have spent two hours over two different times and could not get it forward enough to engage the pin correctly. Eventually took the brush hog off and put the mmm on and took the grass down. The ironic part is the brush hog was mounted on the tractor when I got it. I will play with it again when I have time.

I take a wire brush to the splines, both the ones on the shaft and the ones inside the coupling. I sometimes apply a thin coat of penetrating oil on the whole affair after wire brushing and that seems to help ........ somewhat.

I keep the PTO shaft on the tractor clean by slipping a transmission output shaft plug (<broken link removed>) over it backwards and retaining it with a bungee cord when the PTO's not in use. That and keeping everything scrupulously clean and greased makes it an almost bearable job.

I always have the brush hog on my JD 990 so whenever I switch to something else the splines are pretty clean. I need the counterweight of something back there to offset the loader which I use a lot. I like a BFH when I get the arms close and a pry to move the attachment. Sometimes it's a biatch but usually if I'm on nice level ground it makes it not so bad.

When I used to have a Kubota L2600 and a bunch of attachment that had to be changed out I made it easier on myself by getting a pallet hand truck and then making pallets out of 2x4, 2x6, scrap wood for each implement. This way I was able to maneuver and raise/lower the implement with ease for alignment to the tractor and not need to resort to pry bars and stressing my arms & back.

Here goes 20170225_110556.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top