JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted some input from members here as to what price I should ask for this PSA PA-X9 carbine I am getting ready to sell.

I see the base model are on sale at Palmetto for $549 or so right now but that does not include the shipping/dealer fees, the ridiculous wait time etc...

I have added some very good quality components to this rifle that will be sold with the rifle.
Magpul UBR Gen2 buttstock ($190)
MI full length freefloat M-Lok handguard ($100)
Phase 5 Little Boy muzzle break (very impressive recoil reduction $100)
Crimson Trace green rail master ($150)
Will come with two 15 round factory Glock 19 magazines
Round count less than 500

I was thinking $850 or so, am I way off, out of line?

DSCN0364.JPG DSCN0365.JPG DSCN0367.JPG

Last Edited:
Kinda like buying almost anything - but Harley's and Jeeps come to mind with personal experience - unfortunately all the add ones, chrome goo gaas etc. rarely add to somethings value as it is most likely NOT what the buyer would add on so he/she does not place any value on the items. It is rare to find a buyer for anything who wants exactly what you added and will pay the additional amount for them.

So I should put all the factory stuff back on it and sell it for $600?
The additional $540 worth of parts I put on it adds zero value?

Agree with RVtech above.....If you want to sell then yes I would put the original back on and try to get $5-600. Then sell the parts.

Does anybody think it would be a mistake to put the factory stock (MagPul) and fore end (UTG Pro) back on the rifle with the A2 birdcage flash hider and sell it that way?

So I should put all the factory stuff back on it and sell it for $600?
The additional $540 worth of parts I put on it adds zero value?

It isn't always that way. If you add a $540 Trijicon or Leupold Optic you would get your money out of it. If you add a Magpul stock, it is assumed that the gun is going to come with a stock, and unless it is a PRS, they rarely add much value over a simple A2 stock.

You will want to sell the Crimson Trace separately, because you have not a high likelihood of your buyer for the rifle wanting to add extra for it.

Phase 5 makes great stuff but muzzle breaks don't usually add much value to a gun, with the exception of Noveske flaming pigs (IMO).

I would pull off the Magpul stock, Crimson Trace and muzzle device and sell them separately.

I know of a guy who has had a PSA AR9 full length like yours with Magpul furniture for sale for $600 for two months and nobody has bought it. I almost did, but chose instead to buy an AR9 Pistol for $600, and that was with flip up sights, Kak Brace and a few other add-ons.

Yeah, and we wore tied dyed beater shirts, granny glasses, and rawhide thongs for our ponytails, and an Anhk on a neckchain, then stood out in the street chanting about the war and removing the president and congress, while playing Jefferson Airplane at 160db.

Not all of us. I was shooting on the local National Guard pistol team. Our oldest son was born and we moved into the house we have lived in since the late 60s. I went to work at the job I retired from in 1998.

Sheldon

I see the base model are on sale at Palmetto for $549 or so right now but that does not include the shipping/dealer fees

And you're not getting your fees back. You eat that. So, like others said put it back to original configuration and part out the accessories.

So if it is $549 right now on PSA, and you put 500 rounds through it, probably knock off $75 and sell it for $475.

All the other stuff, probably take 25% off what you paid and hope someone wants the same stuff.

Or throw it up as is for $700-$750 with a barter option. You might get lucky or something cool might come along.

Not all of us. I was shooting on the local National Guard pistol team. Our oldest son was born and we moved into the house we have lived in since the late 60s. I went to work at the job I retired from in 1998.

Sheldon

Me neither, I was living at home til I graduated HS in 1970. I still remember those folks in the 60s and early 70s... I went to work at the same place my dad and middle brother worked, AT&T, and when assigned in downtown L.A., we saw Charlies girls protest out in the street during his trial.

And you're not getting your fees back. You eat that. So, like others said put it back to original configuration and part out the accessories.

So if it is $549 right now on PSA, and you put 500 rounds through it, probably knock off $75 and sell it for $475.

All the other stuff, probably take 25% off what you paid and hope someone wants the same stuff.

Or throw it up as is for $700-$750 with a barter option. You might get lucky or something cool might come along.

Yup, you take a hit on used items and just like with houses, the extras don't bring more money, they just add curb appeal. Be thankful, all other kinds of used items go for half price. You must decide how bad you want to sell it.

I probably won't sell it here. I'll take it to the next gun show, or consign it with one of the dealers here locally. I have listed quite a few firearms for sale here in the past, but I have never sold one as a result of the classifieds here. I have good luck with other gun related items in the classifieds here, but never have sold a gun. Stupid law:mad:!!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top